• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

WTTB:) Chapel Hill still has some and all my orders from them have been at least 9.6

Chapel Hill is sold out of #6 and the website does not list the condition of #2, just says first print. So, I called and talked to the owner(?) who said the copies he has left are less than 9.6... Oh well, it is still a good price I guess at $17.99. Should I take the chance anyway? Not sure I should spend that much for less than a 9.6.

It's just one data point, but I got in a Saga order from them and was well pleased -- of the 7 books I ordered, most look 9.4/9.6 and the worst was no lower than 9.0. Given that you're buying books sight unseen with them, I was actually pretty happy with that hit rate.

As soon as I get home I'm adding to it. I think I might bump up to #3. I won't be able to catch 1st or 2nd place because I refuse to buy or slab anything other than 1st print.

even then, its the SS and 9.9s that make the difference.

i think there will be more coming, now that people are interested in slabbing more than just #1, which isnt even able to 9.9

i agree, but the price point will now be crazy. cant see them for less then $200 anymore

for a 9.9? yah, it will be way more than that, agreed.

Saga 7 census data

Ghost Variant - 56 have been graded at 9.8

Regular Cover - 16 have been graded at 9.8

This will change soon. Aside from the RRP, the ghost is the only other saga with the lowest print run I would imagine. I

I am new to the forums and wanted to say hello. I am so glad I found these boards. I stayed up almost all night reading every page. I normally just collect WD, but recently got into Saga with the first trade and it is now my favorite comic. I am trying to complete a set of every issue, too bad they are so hard to find! Luckily, I found a #1 first printing last weekend at a local shop for $29.99 (9.6 range) and quickly snatched it up. I have been lucky so far and have got every issue at cover except for #2 and #6 first prints. I am trying to avoid paying eBay prices. Now I will probably get blasted for this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so here we go... Can anybody help me out with a #2 or #6? or tell me where to go for a decent deal? :blush:

welcome :)

Leave you wallet far away or your $ will be gone .....

8b is out on 2/20/13! :banana:

Hmm... and I thought Image wasn't doing 2nd prints of established titles anymore...

There was quite a backlash after Image sent out that memo. Thus, they back tracked a little and said they would do 2nd prints for 7,8 and 9 if necessary. They just want retailers to increase orders for later issues of a series i believe starting around issue #4 so they don't have to do second prints.