• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

imagegav.jpg

I got back into comics recently after years of being frustrated with all the crossovers and multiple titles (Marvel/DC) and switching to manga. I would walk into the LCS, bypass the comics and browse the other sections. Who knew that I was missing out on great comics? So I've been catching up and I guess the shops and dealers have been loving my spending!

Image certainly have improved since I last picked up their output and now about 60-70% of what I buy is from them and Saga (SAGAH :sumo:) is my favourite.

I was advised by a friendly eBay seller to visit here and to buy large in Saga but think I may have gone overboard! There's ten first print sets in there which could increase anywhere from twelve to nineteen if I filled in some gaps. The graded comics aren't properly displayed as some are in transit to me, but that would make it eleven sets, I'll post a picture of them soon :)

I don't intend to sell, I just like supporting the creators. That and I can't stand buying a up copy on release day that some shop staff seem to enjoy mishandling :facepalm:

I just tried explaining the series to my sister tonight and ended up giving her the trade to just try for herself and share with her fiancé. I can't remember reading a comic in a long while that literally had me turning each page and being so engrossed! I want her to read it, then i'll give her the other issues to read so she too, can experience the horror of Fiona Staples rendition of balls!

I cannot wait for the next issue and it sucks that the UK won't receive #10 on Wednesday! May have to go digital for that one. I'm hoping there will be some sort of Saga poster at the LSCC next weekend or at one of the cons which I can hopefully purchase via a board member or eBay :)

Anyway, thought I'd stop being a lurker, register and say hello :hi: