• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

There is no correlation between the quality of the book and the secondary market.

There's never full correlation, but to say there's no correlation is wrong. Sure, some books are pure hype, and some books are weak first appearances of characters that later became great, but the 75 year history of the hobby is littered with books that have separated themselves based on quality.

No. There are many quality books with no secondary market and many non-quality books with a healthy secondary market. No correlation. (thumbs u

There is no correlation between the quality of the book and the secondary market.

There's never full correlation, but to say there's no correlation is wrong. Sure, some books are pure hype, and some books are weak first appearances of characters that later became great, but the 75 year history of the hobby is littered with books that have separated themselves based on quality.

No. There are many quality books with no secondary market and many non-quality books with a healthy secondary market. No correlation. (thumbs u

@ JB: Prime

Your knowledge and mad skillz abound, however I must offer my 2c on this matter. I think it's false to say "no correlation." A more accurate statement would incorporate the word "partial" regarding correlation.

"Some cases have partial correlations, no correlation, positive, negative, or perfect correlations."

It would be an interesting study ;)

I was thinking of that same video before you posted it, Awaken

OMG he sounded so sarcastic in the video. lol

That was back when a Saga 9.4 wasn't worth slabbing

Edited by Hekla