• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

He's done (at least) 4 signings this year already.

When people are promoting a new book, they usually start showing up at conventions again.

What 4 signings?

Image Expo + 3 different store signings right around the launch of Saga.

I heard of one which I believe was Midtown or Meltdown. What were the other 2?

someone buy Mad Genius's Saga 1 SS, it's killing the one i have up.

Just do me a favor and click buy it now.

Buy this

I just tried to help you by making an offer of $200 on his auction but he wasn't a very good friend to you. He rejected the offer.

I tried. :)

Seth

Yep, I'm not in any big hurry to sell it, so I'm not accepting less than $300 on eBay.

someone buy Mad Genius's Saga 1 SS, it's killing the one i have up.

Just do me a favor and click buy it now.

Buy this

I just tried to help you by making an offer of $200 on his auction but he wasn't a very good friend to you. He rejected the offer.

I tried. :)

Seth

Yep, I'm not in any big hurry to sell it, so I'm not accepting less than $300 on eBay.

:shy:

He's done (at least) 4 signings this year already.

When people are promoting a new book, they usually start showing up at conventions again.

What 4 signings?

Image Expo + 3 different store signings right around the launch of Saga.

I heard of one which I believe was Midtown or Meltdown. What were the other 2?

Meltdown in LA, Midtown in NY and Bergen Street Comics in Brooklyn.

Oh ok my bad yeah i was thinking somethig else. The only other one i know of but that was recent is staples was at calgary show

I may just start going to shows that Fiona attends and hope for a few sketches. Then when Brian shows up I'm all set.

Nice. Did you know before he appeared?

I knew about the Midtown signing, but the other ones went under the radar at the time - a pox on creators who don't use twitter or blogs to keep people up-to-date with what they're doing :preach:

According to Diamond's March numbers, Saga's estimated sales were 37,645, good for #40 on the Top 300. Very impressive!

Nice to see a non-Marvel/DC break that Top 40!

It was the highest selling non-Marvel/DC book in the report, even beating out Walking Dead (33,919 #54)

Nice. Did you know before he appeared?

I knew about the Midtown signing, but the other ones went under the radar at the time - a pox on creators who don't use twitter or blogs to keep people up-to-date with what they're doing :preach:

lol

Midtown was too close to the ImageExpo for me to travel again. It was a shame they didn't have any Sagas at the show. Hopefully you're right and he makes more appearances. I am missing 4 issues for my YTLM complete SS run. doh!

I saw Fiona in Calgary this weekend and ended up getting a couple of things. She had a little portfolio with pre-done sketches. She was really nice and had a great chat with her about the book and what it's like working with BKV :D She also had a tiny stack of maybe 4 SAGA RRP for $10 each. Picked up one along with the sketches.

EDIT: forgot to mention, she was selling these pre-done sketches for $50.

Sketches:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=888397&GSub=130035

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=888396&GSub=130035

Issues with sketches on back:

fwRzQ.jpg?1

Riley Rossmo SAGA commission:

- Was talking to Riley about how much he loved SAGA and he ended up doing a SAGA piece for me. Then he mentioned that Fiona should do the grey tones on it. She was really excited when she saw it and agreed to do it but there was a line up of like 15 people behind me so I told her I would come back if she wasn't too busy. Didn't end up getting a chance so i'll have to bring it back next year for her to finish up.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=888400&GSub=130036

Edited by Tuff Ghost