• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I saw Fiona in Calgary this weekend and ended up getting a couple of things. She had a little portfolio with pre-done sketches. She was really nice and had a great chat with her about the book and what it's like working with BKV :D She also had a tiny stack of maybe 4 SAGA RRP for $10 each. Picked up one along with the sketches.

EDIT: forgot to mention, she was selling these pre-done sketches for $50.

Sketches:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=888397&GSub=130035

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=888396&GSub=130035

Issues with sketches on back:

fwRzQ.jpg?1

Riley Rossmo SAGA commission:

- Was talking to Riley about how much he loved SAGA and he ended up doing a SAGA piece for me. Then he mentioned that Fiona should do the grey tones on it. She was really excited when she saw it and agreed to do it but there was a line up of like 15 people behind me so I told her I would come back if she wasn't too busy. Didn't end up getting a chance so i'll have to bring it back next year for her to finish up.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=888400&GSub=130036

Great stuff!

Super cool, tuff. I'm very jealous!

I saw on twitter you might have something cool coming from Fiona your way ;) ?

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I lucked out on that one! (thumbs u What's your twitter, I'll follow you, stalker style.

Edited by buddymagoo

Haha yeah, I almost bought it but I felt like a jerk buying everything lol. I was going to check back the second day to see if she still had it but she didn't bring her portfolio so I had assumed she sold everything.

Congrats on the pickup! I'll add you on twitter :)

Edited by Tuff Ghost

From what I saw I believe it was..

- Daenerys

- Alana back profile

- Marko back profile

- Alana face

- Marko face

- The Stalk front profile

Show opened and I went and got my name in for Tony Moore sketch and then went to Fiona. That's what was in there when I got there. Between myself, my friend, and 1 other person all hovering her portfolio all that was left was Daenerys and The Stalk. After that I never got a chance to go back and look. Only other things I can think of her having was maybe the TV heads and The Will but I didn't actually see them in there.

Thanks, you did well considering the small amount and they were priced incredibly cheap. Well worth the money! I love both of the sketches you have but your sketch of Alana showing her wings is my favourite. I have been looking out for one of those because all I have seen have been of just her head.

I know she works all digitally but she has been going back to working with markers to be able to do sketches at cons. So hopefully next year she'll be taking commission requests right at the show.

The only information I got out of her is that BKV is done the 5th -script. I was trying to get an Idea of how far ahead he was. I can't wait for issue #3. The covers for 3,4,5 all look fantastic. #4 might be my favourite so far.

I can't make my mind up between 4 and 5, either way her art if beautiful. I speak for myself in saying that I feel incredibly lucky to own a piece of her art. I just feel a little sad knowing that I/we can't buy pages :cry: (although it does makes her sketches feel all the more special)

Edited by buddymagoo

Wow...sounds like a safe bet to me. I wouldn't go near it even at the minimum bid.

Read the item description in light of the negative feedback, and it's pretty clear that he's trying to hedge his bets. Definitely alludes to condition issues without clearly mentioning anything specific. Seems extremely shady to me.

Caveat emptor.

Beware this copy of Saga RRP

Looks like comiconart!! may have return this copy already to this seller because of poor packaging and damage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150808224552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seth

I saw the negative left for this same book. I agree it's likely the same copy, but I thought a buyer couldn't leave a negative on eBay if the item is returned for a full refund. Is that how it works, or am I making it up?

Edit: To clarify, not that a buyer CAN'T leave negative feedback, but that eBay would remove it if the seller provides a full refund.

Edited by MadGenius

Interesting. I disagree with this policy. I think if a seller lies, cheats, and steals in an attempt NOT to give a refund, and then eBay (or Paypal) forces their hand, then I think the buyer should still have the option to warn future buyers.

But then, this is not my only problem with the eBay feedback system (most notably, the fact that buyers can only receive positive feedback...so really, what's the point?), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Beware this copy of Saga RRP

Looks like comiconart!! may have return this copy already to this seller because of poor packaging and damage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150808224552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seth

Yeah, I almost bought it before I saw the feedback. Regardless of ebay policy, I'm glad comiconart!! was able to leave that feedback before I had to waste my time going through the same thing.

Thank you comiconart!!, whoever you are.

Interesting. I disagree with this policy. I think if a seller lies, cheats, and steals in an attempt NOT to give a refund, and then eBay (or Paypal) forces their hand, then I think the buyer should still have the option to warn future buyers.

But then, this is not my only problem with the eBay feedback system (most notably, the fact that buyers can only receive positive feedback...so really, what's the point?), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This I agree with. If the seller gives a refund of their own volition, then this is the scenario where eBay won't let the negative stand. However, if they are forced to provide a refund via eBay or Paypal claim, that might be another story entirely.