• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Again. Lots of 9.8's to go around.

+1

I'm sitting on at least 10-15 raw 9.8 copies of #1. With a 37K print run and all the advanced hype, the graded 9.8 supply will exceed demand at some point in the near future.

how many of those are BK fans who want one for their permanent collection, and aren't selling.

That's a real big number for a book with such a high print run (please dont' attack me and say that it's not a high print run) ... I wonder what an RRP SS 9.8 would bring $1K or more?

That's a real big number for a book with such a high print run (please dont' attack me and say that it's not a high print run) ... I wonder what an RRP SS 9.8 would bring $1K or more?

Print run isn't always as important as availability vs demand. Saga is going to be a book where BKV fans hold on to their copies. And as Branget pointed out, BKV SS are not in over abundance. Once again, availability vs demand.

it's the sigs, not the print run.

It's the sigs when the print run is big, its the sigs and the print run when the print run is low or super low. It's basic supply and demand. There's 37K opportunities for a SS regular book and only 500 chances for an RRP SS book.

Print run isn't always as important as availability vs demand. Saga is going to be a book where BKV fans hold on to their copies. And as Branget pointed out, BKV SS are not in over abundance. Once again, availability vs demand.

I seem to remember Branget telling me to relax and that the SS copies of issue #1 would be available and reasonably priced when I was asking whether I should jump on a copy right that second or if it was ok for me to wait for a while and get the next round of books. I'm not paying $400 for a copy when I could have and wanted to pick one up at $150 a few weeks ago.

I seem to remember Branget telling me to relax and that the SS copies of issue #1 would be available and reasonably priced when I was asking whether I should jump on a copy right that second or if it was ok for me to wait for a while and get the next round of books. I'm not paying $400 for a copy when I could have and wanted to pick one up at $150 a few weeks ago.

You still need to relax.

First copies to market always command a premium.

The census is hardly common knowledge. ;)

Also when is the last time a Vaughan SS was on eBay. I wonder what a 9.8 YTLM would get?

I got $450 for a #1 9.8 SS last year - it was an off-ebay transaction, so it's not in GPA, though.

Not all 21 are double signed. Several are Fiona only. I am dying for a double signed SS Saga 1, but I am happy to let the market settle out. First to market sometimes produces high results. I think Joel was preselling them at very reasonable prices. I didn't know this series was going to grab me like it did.

i don't see much use in trying to 'figure out' the irrational mind of a comic collector/speculator. Just because a variant should sell for higher doesn't mean it will.

People simply want what they want, irregardless of perceived rarity.