• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sending in Moderns for Grading not getting the grade you think or hoped.

26 posts in this topic

I give up. I've sent about 8 books in thinking they would grade at least a 9.6 or 9.8. Only to have some come back a 9.4. Its too risky. I think I'd rather pay the premium & just buy them already graded 9.8.

I did have my local comic shop pre-screen a few but in his mind a 9.4 was ok I'm sure.

Have him join the boards and in ten months he'll be using 9.4 modern slabs to level his picnic table.

:insane:

Or ... even better, in ten months he'll able to tell the difference between a 9.4 and a 9.8 :ohnoez:

I did have my local comic shop pre-screen a few but in his mind a 9.4 was ok I'm sure.

Have him join the boards and in ten months he'll be using 9.4 modern slabs to level his picnic table.

Or ... even better, in ten months he'll able to tell the difference between a 9.4 and a 9.8 :ohnoez:

In eleven months he'll be pressing his 9.4s into 9.8s. hm

In eleven months he'll be pressing his 9.4s into 9.8s. hm

He could do that today if he knew the right people :whistle:

After only just a couple years of experience, I can honestly say I know the difference between a 9.4 and a 9.8. 9.4 and 9.6? 9.8 and 9.6? Maybe not as much, but it just takes practice.

It's a gamble because it's not a science. It's never right or wrong. The grade can be soft or strong but in the end it's just an opinion that has been known to vary. CGC is not the be-all end-all, but they are a great resource and to take advantage of that it takes practice. I have never been disappointed with a grade yet :shrug:

That being said, I have only done four submissions lol

I think I'd rather pay the premium & just buy them already graded 9.8.

I don't collect a lot of modern books - but I try to just buy it as a 9.8 and not deal with it.

With all the moderns I've submitted, I've only had Joey drop the ball once and wind up with a 9.6 slab. (shrug)

Did you get a refund? :baiting:

Why would've I? (shrug)

I was only joking about him dropping the ball. He did everything perfectly. The graders at CGC were the tardheads.

With all the moderns I've submitted, I've only had Joey drop the ball once and wind up with a 9.6 slab. (shrug)

Did you get a refund? :baiting:

Why would've I? (shrug)

I was only joking about him dropping the ball. He did everything perfectly. The graders at CGC were the tardheads.

I was joking as well... :P