• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just bought my first Centaur book!

13 posts in this topic

Congrats!!!! Not a bad price even considering the condition. If you look at the "Have a cigar...Golden Age" thread you will see a beat up copy of The Black Terror #15 I got off Ebay for $8 bucks.

Someone has to give these beat up copies a good home thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The first seven issues of Amazing-Man (starting with the first issue, 5, through 11) have the best Amazing-Man stories in them. Those are the issues that Bill Everett worked on. Really a tremendous story arc, although each stands alone as well.

The Shark is also a fascinating concept, a very underrated early aquatic hero.

Here's hoping you enjoy it! And if you need scans of the missing pages, let me know.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The first seven issues of Amazing-Man (starting with the first issue, 5, through 11) have the best Amazing-Man stories in them. Those are the issues that Bill Everett worked on. Really a tremendous story arc, although each stands alone as well.

The Shark is also a fascinating concept, a very underrated early aquatic hero.

Here's hoping you enjoy it! And if you need scans of the missing pages, let me know.

Sure! Wanna swap some MLJ scans for Centaur scans? I really want to read these books; I have owned at one point almost every MLJ. I always enjoyed the Centaur covers, so if you have any scanned, please let me know! I have MLJ's in both pdf and zip format; your call.

Thanks !

Is that really a purple cover on the Amazing Man #11. Not a very common colour and certainly a very nice cover. First time I've ever seen that book.

Congrats on the book and where was you able to pick it up from? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Lou Fine, CentaurMan, Bronty, Thanks for the Kudos!!! To answer your questions,that is a Purple Background you see. I don't think my scan does it justice as the colors are darker & rich. It really caught my eye when I saw it. As where I bought it ,it was at Wizard World Philly last week. I bought it off of Joe Vereneault of JHV Associates,Overstreet Advisor. He's a Hell'uva nice guy ,honest ,easy to deal with ,a dealer with integrity!!!

Congrats again. I love the art in those issues.

....and that's definitely my old copy now that I see it again. I recognize the chips... enjoy it!