• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

A couple of notes -

The 9.6 Weird Science #7 went for more ($2550) than the 9.8 ($1900). WTF is up with that?

And the 9.8 Weird Fantasy 21 with a very cool Frazetta cover went for a very cool $9300! Holy Cow!

That was an absolutely gorgeous Weird Fantasy run. The covers the nostalgia - just beautiful. :cloud9:

I was so tempted to take out a 2nd mortgage and go for the full set... But then I would need a 3rd mortgage for divorce court :makepoint:

So congratz to all the winners of them sweet books. I hope you are all on here somewhere.

:applause:

A couple of notes -

The 9.6 Weird Science #7 went for more ($2550) than the 9.8 ($1900). WTF is up with that?

And the 9.8 Weird Fantasy 21 with a very cool Frazetta cover went for a very cool $9300! Holy Cow!

I won the 9.6 Weird Science 7 and was pretty shocked when it jumped to $2,550 in the last few seconds, especially after seeing what the 9.8 went for. However, I never even considered the 9.8 as the 9.6 looked equally as sharp but with better page quality and slightly better cover whites and color in my opinion. Still happy to win it.

Ken

I passed on the #7 9.8 because of the PQ. The OW and C/OW Gaines copies are pretty dingy. I think you bought the better book.

One win for me. Super excited. I've been waiting for one of these for ages!

4e0b60b4.jpg

That is an awesome book.

R.

Agreed... no true Gaines file copies of that issue and very rare in high grade... great get!

The only consolation for losing the books I wanted is that there is another auction starting up very soon!

What is killing me is that I just received the first two books I won from CLink today. Another package is on its way tomorrow.

Someone just posted a book I want up on eBay...

My eyes are getting huge. Last summer there was a dry spell where I did not purchase anything at any significant dollar amount. 2012 is going to kill me at this rate.