• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

Crazy prices on all the pre-code and post-code Journey Into Mysterys, especially # 1.

That is an awesome book. But $6700+ is kind of a shocking price. OTOH, the #2 was pretty reasonable.

Previous sale for a JIM 1 in that grade was $1.75K, four years ago. A 7.0 went for $1.8K less than a year ago. Lot of auction fever this evening....

The Jungle 73 in CGC 9.2 went for $280., so there did not seem to be any premium paid for that amazing cover. Next, I was wondering how the Origin of Sgt. Fury's Howling Commandos, in CGC 9.8 white, would do. It is top census, one of only two, currently at way less than half GPA.

I bought a Jungle 73 9.2 Crippen copy for $187 in 2009. A near $100 increase in three years is pretty good.

This was an exxtremely attractive FF # 1 CGC 7.0 that went for a relatively good price.

I was busy otherwise I'd have thrown in a strong bid.

I haven't seen one that nice in that grade in a long time.

I thought long and hard about "upgrading" my copy to that one....I think it went for a bargain, but the notes did indicate it had some minor staining on the back cover.

This was an exxtremely attractive FF # 1 CGC 7.0 that went for a relatively good price.

I thought long and hard about "upgrading" my copy to that one....I think it went for a bargain, but the notes did indicate it had some minor staining on the back cover.

I'd have bid on it even with the stain. Seems like a cheap price for such an attractive book.

I think it went for a bargain, but the notes did indicate it had some minor staining on the back cover.

Translation - No upgrade potential like the last one I got.

You and my wife would get along. She seems to know what I really mean when I say something too. :eyeroll:

I'd have bid on it even with the stain. Seems like a cheap price for such an attractive book.

I agree...the front was beautiful.

Somebodies sure wanted a 9.0 Our Army At War 91! Unfreakin' believable.

Star Trek 1 9.2 white - $5277!!!! The world has gone crazy.

There's either a lot of stupid money in this market, or there is something fishy going on.

I prefer it be the former, but wouldn't be shocked by the latter. Some of the prices in the Heritage auction, on some fairly mundane stuff, seemed really whacked too.

There's either a lot of stupid money in this market, or there is something fishy going on.

I prefer it be the former, but wouldn't be shocked by the latter. Some of the prices in the Heritage auction, on some fairly mundane stuff, seemed really whacked too.

That price is too ridiculous to be fishy.

That price is too ridiculous to be fishy.

Methinks that perhaps Jay Parrino's vision has come to fruition? hm