• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Winter Focused Auction

286 posts in this topic

The one and only book that I wanted went nuts in the final minute, and I set my bid at what I thought would surely get it. If the prices realized in the recent auctions are indicative, then my picks are going to be nil. I can' t swim well enough to play in the deep end of the pool.

The one and only book that I wanted went nuts in the final minute, and I set my bid at what I thought would surely get it. If the prices realized in the recent auctions are indicative, then my picks are going to be nil. I can' t swim well enough to play in the deep end of the pool.
To me it's not the depth of the water, it's the sharks swimming in it.

Missed out on a JIM 83 I really wanted. 8.5 one day. :( perfect centering and white pages. someone out bid me with 5 seconds to go. Jumped from $22k to $30k.

all good - means I have $ to try for a SC I want.

Oh Man. Missed out on the SC22's. All done for CLINK. ZERO wins. Didn't get home fast enough from work for the auctions.

Star Trek 1 9.2 white - $5277!!!! The world has gone crazy.

There's either a lot of stupid money in this market, or there is something fishy going on.

I prefer it be the former, but wouldn't be shocked by the latter. Some of the prices in the Heritage auction, on some fairly mundane stuff, seemed really whacked too.

That price is too ridiculous to be fishy.

Are you talking about mundane stuff in the upcoming signature auction, or just the weekly? Heritage prices on the weekly lately for mundane stuff seem crazy. I keep seeing non-HG stuff that on ebay, here or a show would only sell for a fraction of the hammer price. Or am I out of touch?

My big win from yesterday was a book that I absolutely regretted selling the moment it sold, and wanted to have back every day since it left my collection:

RAD208CF2012110_184652.jpg

In the entire first 20 issues of Strange Tales, there are only like 2 or 3 copies CGC graded in true NM or better, and this one has to be as nice as they come. The gloss is blinding, and the structure is perfect. And I don't believe the book was ever pressed, so its as "original" as they come. My heart does go out to the Boardie who bought it from me, since they are only recouping about 65% of their buying price if they were the consignor, but I'm super stoked its coming home. :cloud9:

Star Trek 1 9.2 white - $5277!!!! The world has gone crazy.

There's either a lot of stupid money in this market, or there is something fishy going on.

I prefer it be the former, but wouldn't be shocked by the latter. Some of the prices in the Heritage auction, on some fairly mundane stuff, seemed really whacked too.

That price is too ridiculous to be fishy.

Are you talking about mundane stuff in the upcoming signature auction, or just the weekly? Heritage prices on the weekly lately for mundane stuff seem crazy. I keep seeing non-HG stuff that on ebay, here or a show would only sell for a fraction of the hammer price. Or am I out of touch?

I think I must be out of touch as well. The prices that a lot of these books are realizing simply do not make any sense. I think I am going to forgo the auction scene and start hitting Metro again. Their multiples of guide for certain books seems to be completely in line with what I am seeing, and they have more of what I tend to collect.

I am glad that still have the books that I do as it is becoming apparent I would not be able to afford them now. Sux to be poor.

I was very fortunate to be in Metro's office when they had the entire Rockford collection. While I prefer the Spokane's (I was there when they had the entire collection also) over the Northford's there are definitely some very very cool books in the collection.

Now here is a bidding war on the FF 52 CGC 9.6 that just ended. Price jumped from $5K to above $10K at the last second, shattering GPA....

Link....

Oh my stars and garters. That's a wow.

Who was the guy on the boards that hit an Ebay B.I.N. for a #52 CGC 9.6 that someone had listed for $600-odd ?

Legend....... (worship)

I think it was Fantastic_Four, and he won the book for $750.

How long ago was that?

If anyone has any interest in the Gen 13 art from Ale Garza, it is currently going for a steal. It is 14 of the interior pages from book one, volume three. For some reason they only scanned in pictures from three of the pages. If you would like to see the rest of the pages I have them scanned in here:

http://www.hampton-photo.com/Hobbies/Gen-13-1-Volume-3/20982010_GN2dbR#!i=1667485510&k=fV4mH6B

Whoever contacted somebody at Comiclink about the lack of scans from here, thanks :lol: I just got an email that they were updating the auction. Ends tonight but still, now you can see what you are bidding on! :golfclap:

This was an exxtremely attractive FF # 1 CGC 7.0 that went for a relatively good price.

I was busy otherwise I'd have thrown in a strong bid.

I haven't seen one that nice in that grade in a long time.

I thought long and hard about "upgrading" my copy to that one....I think it went for a bargain, but the notes did indicate it had some minor staining on the back cover.

What's the defect from the notes bringing it down to 7.0? I love upper-mid-grade books with one or two significant yet difficult-to-see books like this one...reminds me of my own 7.0:

ff1.jpg

This was an exxtremely attractive FF # 1 CGC 7.0 that went for a relatively good price.

I was busy otherwise I'd have thrown in a strong bid.

I haven't seen one that nice in that grade in a long time.

I thought long and hard about "upgrading" my copy to that one....I think it went for a bargain, but the notes did indicate it had some minor staining on the back cover.

What's the defect from the notes bringing it down to 7.0? I love upper-mid-grade books with one or two significant yet difficult-to-see books like this one...reminds me of my own 7.0:

Yours was the first copy that came to mind.

The Clink book had a back cover stain, apparently.

Well, there is that super light crease in the lower right corner... (shrug)

Yea, that's what I said I prefer--one significant defect that's hard to see. You can see it in my magnified and illuminated scan waaay better than you can in hand. One faint defect is far better than a bunch of smaller ones.