• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$2 million comic collection inherited- Heritage to sell

60 posts in this topic

He said he thought they were cool but didn't realize until months later how valuable they were.

31 years old and doesn't realize that comics might have some value. So many shows the last few years about valuable antiques and this doof doesn't understand what kind of treasure trove he's stumbled into.

Not everyone Cares/Understands/Knows about the value of comic books... Why would they? I'm certainly not an expert about everything that people collect and how much it is worth :makepoint:

He had no idea of the value, but knew enough to bring them to Heritage, I smell a big old pile of BS.

Also loved the " he was smart" comment, they probably didn't have a good word to say about the old guy when he was alive.

Great collection though, and I hope they go to someone who enjoys them.

RIP Mr Billy Wright

Action #1 hit $298K

There are a lot of big books in this auction. Wow.

+1

You can say that again!

This will really be a good indicator for a view of market value over all.

Will the ceiling be raised on some of the keys?

This is a great to watch, I wish I was in NY to see it LIVE...

:cloud9:

the market has been flooded with copies of action 1 and tec 27. these books were rarely for sale. :tonofbricks:

I don't consider 10 or 15 copies in 3 years to be a flood. They're being gobbled up regardless. I'd say the market has been flooded with Hulk #181 and Spawn #1 issues.

people actually buy spawn #1? :screwy:doh!

Yup. Still a very hot book, although not as expensive as it used to be. Spawn is still a chase character for the 80's and 90's generation.