• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Feb Heritage Auction -- Curators, etc.

78 posts in this topic

Can't wait to get mine this week I hope.

They are mailing it out. YEAH!!!!!!! by end of next week I'll have FF6 in my little hands to drool at.

I really wanted that copy, its just glows its so bright. Congrats.

Thanks. Just glad I won it with my online bid. I actually tried calling them to lower the bid by $500 because I just won the All Star #4 from online bid as well. Didn't calculate sales tax in those bids. I'm in CA. They said they don't change bids. If they lowered it I would have lost. So it worked out. I'm a SS guy also. No SS going anywhere near my 1st pedigree or any pedigree I won or will win down the road.

They are mailing it out. YEAH!!!!!!! by end of next week I'll have FF6 in my little hands to drool at.

Thanks. Just glad I won it with my online bid. I actually tried calling them to lower the bid by $500 because I just won the All Star #4 from online bid as well. Didn't calculate sales tax in those bids. I'm in CA. They said they don't change bids. If they lowered it I would have lost. So it worked out. I'm a SS guy also. No SS going anywhere near my 1st pedigree or any pedigree I won or will win down the road.

If you got your Curator FF signed for SS submission, many members of these boards, including myself, would be forced to hunt you down and beat you.

Rocky Mountain, Suscha News, Winnipeg--those you can go and get SS-ized as much as you want.

If you got your Curator FF signed for SS submission, many members of these boards, including myself, would be forced to hunt you down and beat you.

Rocky Mountain, Suscha News, Winnipeg--those you can go and get SS-ized as much as you want.

That's funny. If I ever do it you I will beat myself as well. I will never SIG the good Pedigrees.

lol Only low grade SA/BA books should be for SS and even then I still cringe. :eek:

Interesting to see that some of the choice big dollar bids were won via phone bids. I'm betting these were scooped up by a big dealer instead of a collector?

Not necessarily as there really were not that many people in the room. I was at the Twin Cities auction and there were many more people in attendance at that auction.

Yeah very surprising. If I was in town I defintely would have made an effort to see it live.

Same here as I would most definitley show up at a Heritage auction if one was ever held in my city. :wishluck:

Maybe NYC with over 8 million people is just too small of a city to expect to draw more than 20 people to an event of this magnitude. Maybe you have to look for an city with over 20 million people if you want to have a chance of getting 100 live bodies out there.

Even during the middle of the big SD convention with over 100,000 bona fide comic collectors right in the next room, Heritage was unable to convince more than 20 people to show up for one of their Signature Auctions.

You would have thought they could have rounded up more bums off Skid Road to come in, considering all of the free food and refreshments that Heritage always has available for anybody willing to show up. (shrug)

Having been to a few of them live I gotta say it is a pretty boring event, with periods of great adrenalin rushes when you actually are bidding. But the time spent watching item after item go by that you have no involvement in is a snoozefest. It is cool to examine the lots in hand before the bidding starts. You can't do that online. But with the technology they have incorporated into their online auction package I'd much rather go through the bidding process at home and have the ability to mute the auctioneer.

That's funny. If I ever do it you I will beat myself as well. I will never SIG the good Pedigrees.

(thumbs u

Having been to a few of them live I gotta say it is a pretty boring event, with periods of great adrenalin rushes when you actually are bidding. But the time spent watching item after item go by that you have no involvement in is a snoozefest. It is cool to examine the lots in hand before the bidding starts. You can't do that online. But with the technology they have incorporated into their online auction package I'd much rather go through the bidding process at home and have the ability to mute the auctioneer.

With the heirs in attendance, there was a certain amount of excitement because of the Billy Wright books, but it definitely became fatiguing towards the end. It was so warm in the room i took a break and didn't come back until it was too late to bid on a book I was interested in. doh!

Heritage did a great job conducting the auction in a pleasant setting with helpful support staff for those wanting to inspect the lots in person. Their food has been better in the past but the fresh fruit selections were uniformly outstanding.

It was a fun day trip, and I would do it again, but there are definitely advantages to bidding from home.

With the heirs in attendance, there was a certain amount of excitement because of the Billy Wright books, but it definitely became fatiguing towards the end. It was so warm in the room i took a break and didn't come back until it was too late to bid on a book I was interested in. doh!

Heritage did a great job conducting the auction in a pleasant setting with helpful support staff for those wanting to inspect the lots in person. Their food has been better in the past but the fresh fruit selections were uniformly outstanding.

It was a fun day trip, and I would do it again, but there are definitely advantages to bidding from home.

Did you eat at Sal's (down the street from HA) ?

Consensus on todays #1 in 5.5 is that it will be appearing before too long in a new slab, and probably sporting a very different numerical grade.

Seems like a higher label is already baked into the current price. If it comes up for sale in a new higher label but is identified as being the same book, I bet it doesn't go much higher (if at all).

Shows how much I know! :tonofbricks:

Consensus on todays #1 in 5.5 is that it will be appearing before too long in a new slab, and probably sporting a very different numerical grade.

Seems like a higher label is already baked into the current price. If it comes up for sale in a new higher label but is identified as being the same book, I bet it doesn't go much higher (if at all).

.....Please tell me you walked away with at least one of the Curators, Tim. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You might still be right Tim. It resold for more but it was still the same label. Right now it's still selling on its potential. If it comes up in a new label, then we'll see what the deal is.

HA is killing me. Told them to charge whatever to get my winnings to me before the 17th. Going to WonderCon and then a vacation and gone for some time.

So they decide to have it mailed fedex ground and set for Mon, the 19th for delivery. C'mon!!!!!

I even called to see if they could bring it to LA for the WDCC so I don't have to pay anything and I'll pick up in person. They don't do that. Really? Others do but no HA????

Then I don't bring books to HA to sell for me when I go to cons and staying with Comiclink who always takes my stuff with a smile and I leave with % of the GPA value of my books