• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Place Like Home

294 posts in this topic

Hey... thanks again for all the kind words.

There are less than 60 copies of #2 at Diamond as of last Monday... so it may just sell out soon.

A

Awesome! I think the board members should be able to go ahead and get those last 60 issues.

finally got to read #2 today... If #1 changed my attitude from "meh" to "ok, interesting..." then #2 just may have bumped me up to, "wow, this is awesome."

There are still the occassional places where the art doesn't hit 100% for me, but I loved the

monkey ripping apart the priest

and can't wait to see more of that. They told Lizzie that her parents died in the tornado in issue 1, right?

They looked pretty f'd up after they were exhumed, but I wasn't really sure why the girls were freaking out so much. Seems like a tornado could have hurt them the way that was shown.

I like the way that Thomas was handled as well. It didn't (at least hasn't yet!) fallen into the annoying trope where the crazy old homeless guy who actually knows wtf is going on just acts and says stupid crazy things so that it's impossible for a normal person to believe him. Looking forward to seeing some of the relationship b/t Thomas and Frank get fleshed out a little more later... but I'm really just glad that both of them seem to be acting like normal people would. Thomas is not being some cryptic soothe-sayer or anything but really seems to be normal and sane. Thank you!

The

shank in the leg during the prison break

was pretty close to over the top... I kind of cringed, but we don't know why Thomas thinks that time is of the essence. I'm hoping that becomes clear soon in a way that makes it ok for him to do things that are a little bit crazy.

Anyway... Bravo! Looking forward to issue 3...

Oh yeah... After the little girl left the barn, did she

die from those wounds? It didn't look like she was mortally wounded, so are the monkeys poisonous or something as well?

Or maybe I just didn't look carefully enough...

ok, am i the only person that has read #3.

While i think the cover is cool, enough with the killer monkeys. I need me some wicked witch, glenda, tin man, munchkins...some different oz flavor..i think it's high time another tornado hits...or i guess those little green balls open up a portal to oz.

Give people time to read it. Just finished it myself. It's not what I expected (more gore please ;) ). I also wanted more mythical stuff, but it's only the third issue still. I'm going to keep reading. (thumbs u

If one monkey can cause such havock, can't imagine an army. And the whole "the bum is really my dad" ..dang. That sucked the way he went out, man.

I don't think it was the shot. The sheriff would not have tried talking to him if he had not shot him. He would have killed him. I think the monkey stabbed him or gouged him deep while he was trying to shoot him. Notice the blood on the monkey's hand in one of the panels.

I like the pace of the story so far. Killer flying monkeys in issue 2 and 3 is quick enough for me. Can't wait till they get to whatever form of OZ is coming up.

I'm wondering if we even do get to Oz.. Only two more issues in this run? I think..

I do like it though.. Just wish it was on going.

Finished this issue tonight and I also really enjoyed it. I am anxious to see where it goes. Not sure if OZ is coming to the town or if the characters will be transported to OZ.

I wonder what those green M&M's are going to do now that the monkey put them in the ground

Just wish it was on going.

It's ongoing... just taking a break between volumes to get a few issues in the can before we solicit the second arc.

(thumbs u thanks Angelo .. I wasn't sure what the plan was.