• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Place Like Home

294 posts in this topic

I thought issue 2 was even better than the first. The story is progressing at a nice pace with plenty of surprises to hook you into wanting to read more. Great stuff.

+1

If you have not read this book and could not find one at your local LCS, I have 5 #1 copies available for free if you'd like to read it. One per boardie. You pay shipping. PM me if interested. (thumbs u

I thought issue 2 was even better than the first. The story is progressing at a nice pace with plenty of surprises to hook you into wanting to read more. Great stuff.

+1

If you have not read this book and could not find one at your local LCS, I have 5 #1 copies available for free if you'd like to read it. One per boardie. You pay shipping. PM me if interested. (thumbs u

That is a really stand up move. Thank you for supporting this title. All of my copies were shipped off to CGC, but I will try and pick up a couple more copies and do the same thing so that more people are exposed to this title.

good read so far

In my opinion, this book is a sleeping giant. Don't be surprised if this title starts to take off in the secondary market. The first issues sell for about $10.00 a pop, but I think that we'll look back in a few years and kick ourselves for not hoarding a small stack of these books. It's very well written and the art is perfect for the series. I have no complaints about the tite, the way it is written or the art. I'm really glad that a board member is enjoying such sucess with this title. It's bitter sweet that Image is putting out the best stuff its produced since its inception 20 years ago. If Image wasn't experiencing a creative renasiance, who knows what kind of attention this book would be getting by now. I can't thank Angelo Tirotto and Richard Jordan enough for this gem.

Thanks to Firefly, I was able to try the first two issues. This was a helluvalot better than I thought it would be. I passed on it when I saw it in Previews because the Wizard of Oz angle didn't really interest me. However, I'm now in it to win it!

What is amazing is that I don't think either the writer ('sup dude) nor the artist have any other comic work out there. This definitely doesn't read like it was done by rookies in any way. I'll be interested to see what both work on in the future.

No Place Like Home No. 2 is still available from Diamond. I'm sad to say that this may be a bad sign with every book released from Image selling out. My LCS just ordered my copy because of miscommunication so I'm happy but I think it's time now, more than ever to encourage others to pick up this title.

As a speculator or as a reader? I see no issues at all for myself. Great read so far. That's enough for me. Same as Fatale and same as Rebel Blood. Since the writer is on the boards, maybe he'd like to keep hearing about how the story is going and less on "what I can make off it." 2c

Yeah, it would be interesting to see all the interpretations of the original characters. Sure does put a twist on the whole story, especially with such brutal slaughters. I keep asking, what the hell happened? The town is so hush about it.

I'm not so worried about what I can make off it .. I don't sell comics, I collect them. I think you misunderstood my post. I want the book to suceed commercially so that I can keep reading it not so that I can sling my copies and make a few bucks. If I gave that impression to you - I didn't mean to. The fact of the matter is that books that the secondary market drives sales at the distributor level and the second issue not being sold out is not what I wanted to learn because I'd like to see the book be a huge hit because I enjoy it and because the writer is a board member (which is an awesome bonus).

...because I enjoy it...

Understood. And in the end, that's what really matters. I enjoy and read the books I want regardless of what mud others sling at it. I don't think the "sold out" status is what determines the continuation of the book and I also don't think you have anything to worry about. ;)