• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Place Like Home

294 posts in this topic

im waaaay late to this party, but im here thanks to WD #97/98/99 2nd printing covers looking like *spoon*. i was able to pick up #1 - #4 at the shop

im looking for non-9.8 copies of both covers of #1 first print. let me know if anyone has one of each to spare

Sure it will be and looking forward to it!

Belated thanks for the books. Very sorry,that was really bad form. :foryou:

You are right - it was great. I have now sent 3 copies off for slabbing as well....

Glad you got my ICF reference as well ;)

PM me If I can get you anything mate.

Thanks for the kind words folks. #5 is late, but it's on it's way soon. Each issue is selling out so the future is looking bright! Thank you all so much for the continued support, it means a lot to me!

And... issue #3 original art went up for sale on the website, with #4's art being added shortly.

http://noonemournsthewicked.com/original-art-sales/

Some other news coming soon...

ok, unless i missed it, what exactly is the other news coming soon......that tease was from 3 months ago.

Sure it will be and looking forward to it!

Belated thanks for the books. Very sorry,that was really bad form. :foryou:

You are right - it was great. I have now sent 3 copies off for slabbing as well....

Glad you got my ICF reference as well ;)

PM me If I can get you anything mate.

Just saw your post. No worries and glad you enjoyed the books. Also, congrats on importing Emile Heskey!

That bloody donkey!!

Shows how it is here - he scored on Saturday!!

Like I said let me know if I can help you out.

Loved issue 5 and love the direction of the book now. It just opened a much larger can of worms and a great new "area" to explore in the book. The writer is like a kid in a candy store now I bet.

Just a little bit of trivia as well. What color were the original shoes in the Wizard of Oz book and why?

Silver for color tv purposes. At least that's what I somehow remember.

It was Silver in the book and turned to red for TV/technicolor. The author was a Silverite and wanted the government to adopt Silver as monetary backing along with gold something like 14 to 16oz of silver to 1 ounce of gold. Willaim Jennings Bryan and all that stuff. A prof in college asked us that question as a research bonus years ago. Never looked at the book the same way after that. Alot of political references in the book and the author was a editor for Chicago Evening Post (if memory serves me) and supported Bryan after Panic of 1893.