• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torn between what to do with comic collection...

10 posts in this topic

Here's my situation. I own roughly 400 comic books. I have titles from "Spawn" to a huge amount of "Archie Comics" to an Amazing Spider-man collection worth hundreds of dollars. I would like to collect the following titles:

Amazing Spider-man

Tales of Suspense/Captain America

Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

My focus is now on adding higher quality, perhaps even CGC comics, and older more rare books to my collection.

So I have a few possible ideas. I could take every comic book that I do not wish to collect. This includes:

20 VF-NM issues of Power Man and Iron Fist circa 1982

15 Fantastic Four comics from the 1970s

45 D.C. comics including Action Comics, Green Lantern, Superman, Batman and many more titles. Most in VF+ condition from the 1970s and 1980s

15 Archie comics from the 1960s-1990s in various conditions

11 issues of Marvel Tales including #2, #3, ect in various conditions

Sgt. Fury collection totally about $30 in worth

The list goes on and on. Those are just a fraction of the collection. Basically, I'm considering selling all of these books in a one-shot deal (the estimated value for the 325 books is roughly $1,100).

Would I be better off to sell randomly for smaller amounts (Already sold 19 Bronze Age Flash comics for $30) or would trying for one swift $700-$1000 sale for hundreds of silver, bronze and copper aged books with most in very nice conditions be more worth it? Then take some of that and put it towards buying rarer, better quality books with greater worth?

not to be a do*che, but $1100 in guide or the real world?

For example, putting aside a sabretooth appearance in there, those 20 PM/IF issues may be $60-$70 in guide...in reality they are worth maybe $5-$10.

from what you described I'd just package these in lots of any given genre/titlle unless there is a key issue in there, maybe bust out marvel Tales 2 and 3, etc.

not to be a do*che, but $1100 in guide or the real world?

For example, putting aside a sabretooth appearance in there, those 20 PM/IF issues may be $60-$70 in guide...in reality they are worth maybe $5-$10.

from what you described I'd just package these in lots of any given genre/titlle unless there is a key issue in there, maybe bust out marvel Tales 2 and 3, etc.

Honestly seeing the small list presented I was thinking the same thing. It sounds like most books would be easier to move in bulk...and to do so would probably be MUCH less than $700-$1,000 for 325 comic books of this nature. Even the Marvel Tales might not really fetch much even though it's older unless they are in fairly nice shape seeing as how it is most likely the reprint series.

Here's my situation. I own roughly 400 comic books. I have titles from "Spawn" to a huge amount of "Archie Comics" to an Amazing Spider-man collection worth hundreds of dollars. I would like to collect the following titles:

Amazing Spider-man

Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

My focus is now on adding higher quality, perhaps even CGC comics, and older more rare books to my collection.

So I have a few possible ideas. I could take every comic book that I do not wish to collect. This includes:

45 D.C. comics including Action Comics, Green Lantern, Superman, Batman and many more titles. Most in VF+ condition from the 1970s and 1980s

The list goes on and on. Those are just a fraction of the collection. Basically, I'm considering selling all of these books in a one-shot deal (the estimated value for the 325 books is roughly $1,100).

Would I be better off to sell randomly for smaller amounts (Already sold 19 Bronze Age Flash comics for $30) or would trying for one swift $700-$1000 sale for hundreds of silver, bronze and copper aged books with most in very nice conditions be more worth it? Then take some of that and put it towards buying rarer, better quality books with greater worth?

At the risk of sounding like a , your 325 books have a street value of $200. Tops.

Amazing Spider-man

Avengers

Uncanny X-Men

At the risk of sounding like a , your 325 books have a street value of $200. Tops.

I think you adding the Tops to that pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately many of the titles listed combined with the years of the books are just not very popular.