• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got my ComicLink Winter 2012 Featured Auction Catalog today....

35 posts in this topic

Really? (shrug) I thought it stunk. Really amateurish. Not just the illustrations, but the lettering, too. Considering how much cash they rake in at their auctions, they could have sprung for a pro artist to do something for them.

Guess the creativity is in the eye of the beholder. I also liked that the back cover used part of a Mike Marvel ad to plug the Neal Adams B&B cover. Seemed to me they were trying to have fun with it. Worked for me! 2c

Really? (shrug) I thought it stunk. Really amateurish. Not just the illustrations, but the lettering, too. Considering how much cash they rake in at their auctions, they could have sprung for a pro artist to do something for them.

Have you ever been to their website? For clink, this catalog cover is the pinnacle of design.

The illustrations were done by Jack "the King" Kirby... The artwork is being sold in the auction - page from Avengers #3...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fsearch_adv_art%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26CATEGORIES%3D-1%26WCATEGORIES%3D-1%26Artist1%3D%26Artist2%3D%26Title%3Davengers%26ISSUE%3D3%26PAGE%3D%26YEAR%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26SORT%3DCATEG%26_where_forsale%3Dy%26_where_wanted%3Dy%26_where_auctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where_auctions%3Dy%23Item_914972&id=914972

A company tries do to something fun and everybody's suddenly a design critic. meh

The point of the catalog is to feature the art for sale in the auction, right? Most catalogs I've seen have a few images of some of the featured art or one big image of the marquee piece. Which of course meets the goal of promoting the auction, but is pretty much the same from auction to auction, just different pieces of art on the cover.

I liked the fact that they took a few images off a key piece of art in the auction and made a comic book cover homage out of it, with the "battle" theme of bidder against bidder being the context. And used an old ad on the back cover to feature one of the other pages.

But hey, haters gotta hate... :Plol

The illustrations were done by Jack "the King" Kirby... The artwork is being sold in the auction - page from Avengers #3...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fsearch_adv_art%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26CATEGORIES%3D-1%26WCATEGORIES%3D-1%26Artist1%3D%26Artist2%3D%26Title%3Davengers%26ISSUE%3D3%26PAGE%3D%26YEAR%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26SORT%3DCATEG%26_where_forsale%3Dy%26_where_wanted%3Dy%26_where_auctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where_auctions%3Dy%23Item_914972&id=914972

loldoh! Well, I never did like the Paul Reinman inks. He really did Jack a disservice. And CLink made it worse.

hm

So it was the COLORIST who made that look like a large brown dong...

For a dong that resembles the handle of Thor's hammer, including strap, seek medical attention immediately.

For a dong that resembles the handle of Thor's hammer, including strap, seek medical attention immediately.

:roflmao:

For my part, getting this catalog among the bills and the trash in the mail box was quite a great and happy moment !! I loved it instantly !!!

The thing is, before we received an add page, today it's a small catalog ...let's see what will come in the next years :busy:

But the Hulk HAS NO LEGS!

Hulk only had a right leg in the original panel, and it's now obscured by Thor.

Also that might be why he's so pissed.