• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you keep track of your collection?

67 posts in this topic

I built my own database in FileMaker Pro. The current file is a legacy of simpler databases I started when I got my first computer about 18 years ago. It's custom, it probably only suits me, and it requires me to enter my own data, but along the way, I've gotten to use the problem-solving part of my brain in the design of it, and I've gotten more familiar with my comics.

Going through and updating data is something I've always referred to as "playing with my comics."

Collectorz.com Comic Collector

+1, I can't recommend it enough, I recently switched and haven't looked back since.

+1

Got the PC version with iPad and iPhone add ons and love it (great to take to the con to find the books your missing). Got almost 10.000 books added. (about 50 to go). Best ever!

I use StashMyComics.com for all the stuff I read but I use an Excel sheet for the Batman title I collect.

I've been wanting to write my own as I am a programmer by trade but I just don't find the time.

StashMyComics.com - Silver, Bronze, and want list for those eras only

ComicCollectorLive.com - want list

I use stashmycomics for my current collection. I like the fact that your collection is exportable to excel.

My want list is on comiccollectorlive.com but my plan is to move it to stashmycomics before this summer so I can have a more manageable want list.

I DL'd the trial version of this last night. Initially thought it was impressive till I tried to input 2 copies of the same book in different grades.

No instructions on how. If it can be done. I'd recommend it. If not, I'll go back to good old Excel.

Anyone here know if this is possible? Some expert guidance would be appreciated before I decide whether to buy a copy or not.

Does any of the software packages boardies have recommended have the ability to import from Excel?

I am lazy and really do not want to enter 11,000 plus comics individually to a new package if I can help it.

Thanks.

I DL'd the trial version of this last night. Initially thought it was impressive till I tried to input 2 copies of the same book in different grades.

No instructions on how. If it can be done. I'd recommend it. If not, I'll go back to good old Excel.

Anyone here know if this is possible? Some expert guidance would be appreciated before I decide whether to buy a copy or not.

What software are you asking about?

Oh man, if you organize your collection, you miss out on re-discovering your comics. Nothing nicer than finding out you have two of the same comic!

This. Cheaper entertainment than strippers.

CLZ Collectorz

I'm a Mac person, with an iPhone, and after trying to get Booxter and Collectorz to work on my three Macs (mine, the wifes and work comp) AND my iPhone, I eventually gave up after talking with support and messageboards and just created an Excel database that I access using Dropbox, so I have access to all my data, anywhere, anytime so I can see what I have, and what I need.

After all the hassle, it works out well.

Does the Collectorz site let you put in an estimated value for each of your comics?

Jerome

It lets you put in estimated values, what it might be worth in 2042, what it would be worth if you took a time machine and traveled back to 1878 and sold it to Mark Twain. It can tell you what your cat thinks it's worth, as well.

Collectorz has so much extraneous information it's beyond ridiculous. But no one can accuse them of not being thorough.

CLZ Collectorz

Right-click on the comic book in the list view & select "duplicate" - that'll give you two slots for the same book, and you can then change the grades as you see fit.

122988.gif.b1f1c4871d644acb3d1089dac00a8c98.gif

Collectorz.com Comic Collector

+1, I can't recommend it enough, I recently switched and haven't looked back since.

UPGRADES LIKE THIS (for free) are why I am such a proponent of COLLECTORZ

I'll wait to see the details, but I'm not sure it's free. I use the standard version I think. But if it will now let me sync between changes made on my ipad to some online repository I can access with my desktop or iphone, I'll upgrade to pro.