• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Comicon May 24th - 27th

151 posts in this topic

Three weeks till preview night! :banana:

Send me those want lists folks. I will have around 10 really nice long boxes marked 50% off- some nice older issues of all types of genres.

Ed R

And now the moment you have all been waiting for ...

MikesLogoskeletononrackillo-1.jpg

Stencil.gif

Mike's Rack will be making it's first convention appearance at Phoenix Comicon.

What is Mike's Rack? Mike's Rack is comics and things comics related. I am committed top providing quality books at reasonable prices. All comics are bagged and boarded and treated with respect. I appreciate high grade books. I strive to have integrity in all my dealings. I have a family and I strive to make my booth family friendly. My area of interest is vintage horror.

What does Mike's Rack sell? As a horror fan, I am well stocked in pre-code, post-code, bronze age, horror and monster magazines and of course Walking Dead. I am also well stocked with nice high grade bronze Marvels, many silver age, and a smattering of golden age. I look for rare and esoteric items and I have some stuff that is rarely seen. I even have quite a few modern runs, keys and hot issues. (PM if you have an interest in a run, so I can make sure I bring it). I will have a nice batch of 80's books as well, including a near full run of TMNT. I will have a variety of slabs and raw keys. I will have a stock of trades and hardbacks, including a signed and numbered copy of Rise of the Governor. I should have a copy of SOTI, and love and death. My 10 year old son will join me, he will be selling Lego mini-figures including some cool custom designs that he thought of. (He said "Dad, why don't they make a Lego of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark without armor?" Moments later he came back with some awesome custom jobs.) If you are looking for anything specific, send me a PM and I will see what I have.

Why buy from Mike's Rack? If the quality books at reasonable prices and the charming dealer aren't enough, I am offering a 20% discount to all board members if you send a PM before the show with your board ID so I can create a list. I don't have a business model of overpricing my books and then offering a discount. (If my books are overpriced, this is not intentional :foryou: ). Also, I am hoping to have limited edition custom T-shirts made with my logo (King Kong). If I do, I plan to sell them for $20 or offer them as a free gift with a $100 purchase. However, if you PM me before the show and if I can get the shirts made before the show, I will give one free to each boardie with any purchase (You must send a PM before the show though so I can set one aside, note your size in the PM). The size range is Adult Small through Gamers Regular (Adult XXL) so we should be able to accommodate most.

Also, I will be giving a presentation on the history and influence of Black and White Horror comics of the '70's and '80's. Saturday night from 6:00 to 7:00.

And now the moment you have all been waiting for ...

MikesLogoskeletononrackillo-1.jpg

Stencil.gif

Mike's Rack will be making it's first convention appearance at Phoenix Comicon.

What is Mike's Rack? Mike's Rack is comics and things comics related. I am committed top providing quality books at reasonable prices. All comics are bagged and boarded and treated with respect. I appreciate high grade books. I strive to have integrity in all my dealings. I have a family and I strive to make my booth family friendly. My area of interest is vintage horror.

What does Mike's Rack sell? As a horror fan, I am well stocked in pre-code, post-code, bronze age, horror and monster magazines and of course Walking Dead. I am also well stocked with nice high grade bronze Marvels, many silver age, and a smattering of golden age. I look for rare and esoteric items and I have some stuff that is rarely seen. I even have quite a few modern runs, keys and hot issues. (PM if you have an interest in a run, so I can make sure I bring it). I will have a nice batch of 80's books as well, including a near full run of TMNT. I will have a variety of slabs and raw keys. I will have a stock of trades and hardbacks, including a signed and numbered copy of Rise of the Governor. I should have a copy of SOTI, and love and death. My 10 year old son will join me, he will be selling Lego mini-figures including some cool custom designs that he thought of. (He said "Dad, why don't they make a Lego of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark without armor?" Moments later he came back with some awesome custom jobs.) If you are looking for anything specific, send me a PM and I will see what I have.

Why buy from Mike's Rack? If the quality books at reasonable prices and the charming dealer aren't enough, I am offering a 20% discount to all board members if you send a PM before the show with your board ID so I can create a list. I don't have a business model of overpricing my books and then offering a discount. (If my books are overpriced, this is not intentional :foryou: ). Also, I am hoping to have limited edition custom T-shirts made with my logo (King Kong). If I do, I plan to sell them for $20 or offer them as a free gift with a $100 purchase. However, if you PM me before the show and if I can get the shirts made before the show, I will give one free to each boardie with any purchase (You must send a PM before the show though so I can set one aside, note your size in the PM). The size range is Adult Small through Gamers Regular (Adult XXL) so we should be able to accommodate most.

Also, I will be giving a presentation on the history and influence of Black and White Horror comics of the '70's and '80's. Saturday night from 6:00 to 7:00.

Congrats on your first big show, I'll definitely be stopping by (thumbs u

JayCompanyComics.com will be at the PHX show once again- this is the 7th or 8th time we've done the show, and we're excited to come back to Arizona- our home away from home! We will have a 2booth endcap location once again

We will have all the hottest comics in the market including first prints of AVX, and DC52. We are prepping a huge inventory of best selling hardcovers, many of which will be on sale. Big runs of Walking Dead comics, collections, and special editions. If you've ever been to our site, you know that BAD GIRL books are an area that we specialize in- from Aspen to Zenescope to Top Cow and more. Additionally, over 3,000 recent runs of all your favorite titles from A-Z will be specially priced under cover. And of course we will have our GREAT WALL of modern keys available as well.

We are finalizing some new exclusives as well for the event, and we should have some announcements shortly.

If there's anything that any board members want us to bring out specifically, please let us know by emailing off group through PM or direct email at jimmyjay39@aol.com

thanks!