• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The book has arrived! Hey IAN Part 2...

109 posts in this topic

Same seller. Either he's got a warehouse full of 'em 893whatthe.gif or he messed up and listed the same lot he already sold to Shield. insane.gif

the lot is different, the photo is different, the description is different. The seller has another Buzzy 70 for auction. Despite the popular consesus, and Ian's own ego, there are many people out there who know nothing of Ian's quest. The last few books he owns are probably owned by these people, and they probably know nothing of comic collecting or value of such books.

I believe the rest of the books on his list are all 1930s books, so there are no silly books left.

all the more reason they are probably sitting in someone's garage or attic. Of course those same people may just opt to throw out any comics they might have thinking they have no value in lower condition.

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 22, 26, 27

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

No amount of arguing or hating Ian on your part will convince me that those aren't rare books. Not rare because no one wants them, but simply tough as nails to find. Hate Ian all you want, I'm not stopping you, but those books are truly tough.

Same seller. Either he's got a warehouse full of 'em 893whatthe.gif or he messed up and listed the same lot he already sold to Shield. insane.gif

the lot is different, the photo is different, the description is different. The seller has another Buzzy 70 for auction. Despite the popular consesus, and Ian's own ego, there are many people out there who know nothing of Ian's quest. The last few books he owns are probably owned by these people, and they probably know nothing of comic collecting or value of such books.

I believe the rest of the books on his list are all 1930s books, so there are no silly books left.

all the more reason they are probably sitting in someone's garage or attic. Of course those same people may just opt to throw out any comics they might have thinking they have no value in lower condition.

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

No amount of arguing or hating Ian on your part will convince me that those aren't rare books. Not rare because no one wants them, but simply tough as nails to find. Hate Ian all you want, I'm not stopping you, but those books are truly tough.

wow, feel Rob's anger.

I don't hate Ian, never had. I don't know him well enough to hate. He incessant postings annoy me, that's all. I don't deny that these books are rare and almost impossible to find. I just think the place where they will be found is from someone who doesn't realize what they have. Those people who do realize what they have, and have not come forward to offer to Ian, have no plans to either it seems.

Kinda like a Wilbur rip-off. Hell, I should scan the entire book! insane.gifinsane.gif

YES!!!! Ian doesn't care about the condition anyway and he'll probably get it pressed, so scan away!!! I wanna read me some Buzzy 70!!! cloud9.gif

I may go for it (providing no other Forumite has the same idea) simply as a memento of the brief period when this books' star shone.

I am going to bid too, but don't let that stop you. confused-smiley-013.gif

here you can have your own Buzzy 70 also.

How, pray tell, did you find this within 20 minutes of the auction listing? Auction started at 5:56 P.M. EST, and you found the listing and posted it here by 6:09 P.M.?

893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't believe that Ian doesn't search Ebay auction titles and descriptions for the last few books he needs.

Ian does daily.

This came up and Scott caught it within one hour of it being put up on e-bay. I would have caught it in my search otherwise, but they found it first. I only check once a day.

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

wow, feel Rob's anger.

I don't hate Ian, never had. I don't know him well enough to hate. He incessant postings annoy me, that's all. I don't deny that these books are rare and almost impossible to find. I just think the place where they will be found is from someone who doesn't realize what they have. Those people who do realize what they have, and have not come forward to offer to Ian, have no plans to either it seems.

No anger here, what do I have to be angry about? Nothing.

I was just getting straight to the point and trying to get past any editorial commentary on "Ian's ego" and "incessant posting." It would be a miracle if those books were sitting in someone basement or attic. Even more than it would be a miracle if a Detective #27 or Action #1 were sitting right beside them. I just wanted to comment on the books without Ian's personality being brought along for the ride, which is what it seemed like you were doing.

Despite the popular consesus, and Ian's own ego, there are many people out there who know nothing of Ian's quest. The last few books he owns are probably owned by these people, and they probably know nothing of comic collecting or value of such books.

As romantic a notion as this sounds, I don't think anyone out there could be ignorant to the value of a Detective 3 or 4. Or even more so, a Big Book Of Fun Comics.

I've been outbid!

Who's earljdavis?

A very knowledgeable and prominent DC collector, with an awesome knowledge of giveaways, and he's also a moderator on the Comic Price Guide forums.

Despite the popular consesus, and Ian's own ego, there are many people out there who know nothing of Ian's quest. The last few books he owns are probably owned by these people, and they probably know nothing of comic collecting or value of such books.

As romantic a notion as this sounds, I don't think anyone out there could be ignorant to the value of a Detective 3 or 4. Or even more so, a Big Book Of Fun Comics.

Really? You think everyone in the world knows the value of a 'Tec 3 or 4 or Big Book of Fun. Hmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Darn you FFB......I couldn't overtake you bid even though I raised my original bid by like $45 bucks 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Eveyone that bid on that auction is in big touble........couldn't you all see that I was the high bidder confused-smiley-013.gif

What's the old saying.....no honor among theives foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

First one's free. Let the punishment bidding commence.....

Yes won't it be funny when someone bids a thousand dollars for it and then I don't bid against them ...................

I'd like to see anyone else buy it off them then.............

(A bit like my two copies of Scribbly 6)

First one's free. Let the punishment bidding commence.....

Yes won't it be funny when someone bids a thousand dollars for it and then I don't bid against them ...................

What are the chances of that happening? You not bidding against them that is.....

Lighten up Ian. You were just given a copy for

FREE

.....and now you're going to suck out if you can't have a dupe?

You never cease to amaze me......

Really? You think everyone in the world knows the value of a 'Tec 3 or 4 or Big Book of Fun. Hmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, but not for the reason you think. Somebody will look at that book and say LORDY MAW! THAT THERE'S ONE OF THEM COMICKAL BOOKS! AND ITS DURN OLD! I'LL BETCHA WE COULD GET TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION DOLLARS FOR IT!

Yes, but not for the reason you think. Somebody will look at that book and say LORDY MAW! THAT THERE'S ONE OF THEM COMICKAL BOOKS! AND ITS DURN OLD! I'LL BETCHA WE COULD GET TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION DOLLARS FOR IT!

sign-funnypost.gif

I've been outbid!

Anyway I fully intend to do a "Christine" and buy a spare copy.

Come on Ian, I want this sucker!!!! Don't snipe me!