• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The book has arrived! Hey IAN Part 2...

109 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, what is the weekly cost of every new DC, on average?

It averages between seventy and a hundred English pounds a week, including the Trade Paperbacks, which, of course, are much more expensive than the comics.

It's impossible to directly translate that into US funds for two reasons.

Firstly, I get a good discount because Paul Sassienie is my friend.

Secondly, Diamond have to build into their wholesale price the cost of instant weekly shipping to England. You get them on a Wednesday in the US, and I get the same comics every Thursday here in England. Perfect service.

But I guess think around $160 a week, sometimes as low as $100, sometimes as high as $200 depending on what's out that week.

There are usually on average twenty to twenty five comics and books a week but that always includes a couple of more expensive Trade paperbacks, as I said.

Just out of curiosity, what is the weekly cost of every new DC, on average?

It averages between seventy and a hundred English pounds a week, including the Trade Paperbacks, which, of course, are much more expensive than the comics.

It's impossible to directly translate that into US funds for two reasons.

Firstly, I get a good discount because Paul Sassienie is my friend.

Secondly, Diamond have to build into their wholesale price the cost of instant weekly shipping to England. You get them on a Wednesday in the US, and I get the same comics every Thursday here in England. Perfect service.

But I guess think around $160 a week, sometimes as low as $100, sometimes as high as $200 depending on what's out that week.

There are usually on average twenty to twenty five comics and books a week but that always includes a couple of more expensive Trade paperbacks, as I said.

Thanks. Do you have some sort of "understanding" with Diamond or DC in terms of getting premium/variant issues as well?

Thanks. Do you have some sort of "understanding" with Diamond or DC in terms of getting premium/variant issues as well?

Hah !!!!!!!

I WISH !!!!!!!!!!

Ian?

What

Is

THIS?

It looks like the Elson books, but its not. Has different things inside it, and is not listed in Overstreet. Have you ever seen one?

lionelplayworld3.jpg

Ian?

What

Is

THIS?

It looks like the Elson books, but its not. Has different things inside it, and is not listed in Overstreet. Have you ever seen one?

Yes indeed. There were six Elsons, and three Lionel Playworlds. I have seen them come up ONCE only in a whole year on e-bay and I immediately alerted my friend in Minneapolis who quickly snatched them up. My three came from Michael Goldman at Motorcity Comics. And they are three out of about three hundred DCs I have so far identified and written down as not being listed in Overstreet.

When the list is finished I will be posting it up here for all of you who are interested to print off a copy.

:bump:

:news: One more copy of Buzzy 70 is on its way to me (and soon to be on its way to a happy Boardie). This makes three known copies that have surfaced since Ian publicized his search around 6 years ago!!