• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback on board oddities

115 posts in this topic

Slllooooooooooowwwwwww loading of pages after clicking links.

That's an understatement, and I'm glad it's not just me.

I assumed it was Firefox and running AdBlock Plus to filter out all the garbage. Seems like a page or two loads fine and then it just...stops. Wait forever, navigate to another site or close the browser. Frustrating choices.

Same here. It seems to be working better than it has, then about every 4 or 5 minutes it will take a dump and come to a stop for a while, then it's back to normal.

I suppose this is the case for everyone, though.

Down at the very bottom of every page, in very tiny print, is data that tells the story. Here's from my last "click":

"Generated in 21.895 seconds in which 21.838 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries. Zlib compression disabled."

So roughly 22 seconds to navigate to this thread, one click. What's that in CAL years? And many times it's much, much longer. :pullhair:

"Generated in 21.895 seconds in which 21.838 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries. Zlib compression disabled."

So roughly 22 seconds to navigate to this thread, one click. What's that in CAL years? And many times it's much, much longer. :pullhair:

Untitled-4.jpg

:acclaim:

Right now it is blazing fast.

Like others have said, it goes through periods every few minutes where it is really slow.

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

I assumed it was Firefox and running AdBlock Plus to filter out all the garbage. Seems like a page or two loads fine and then it just...stops. Wait forever, navigate to another site or close the browser. Frustrating choices.

Same here. It seems to be working better than it has, then about every 4 or 5 minutes it will take a dump and come to a stop for a while, then it's back to normal.

Down at the very bottom of every page, in very tiny print, is data that tells the story. Here's from my last "click":

+1 Very slow load times. I've also noticed that sometimes when opening a thread, it will say I'm on page 9 of 8, even though there are only 8 pages hm I've seen this quite a few times, where the page I'm on reads one more than the thread's actual page count.

Anyone else notice this? (shrug)

+1 Very slow load times. I've also noticed that sometimes when opening a thread, it will say I'm on page 9 of 8, even though there are only 8 pages hm I've seen this quite a few times, where the page I'm on reads one more than the thread's actual page count.

Yes, I've seen this too. And that 9th page is real...there's just no way to get to it sometimes.

Yes, I've seen this too. And that 9th page is real...there's just no way to get to it sometimes.

I noticed that last night. Haven't seen it today that I can recall.

I've noticed that some Boards suck-ups are sucking up more than usual to their favorite cliques.

Listen you, you're one of the board "oddities" that Arch is talking about.

Park's posts have been slightly more cogent than normal, so keep up the good work, Arch!!

It's just a glitch. Don't worry, it won't last long.

You gotta throw out an occasional coherent thought to keep the crazy police away.

vince-vaughn-motorboat1.gif

Carry on.