• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

storing treasury sized comics

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering what anyone uses to store treasury sized comics. I recently bought a large stack that are bagged and boarded--but sitting in my closet--

what methods of storage is best for storing treasury sized comics? I can't seem to find any mylar bags or acid free backing boards for these books--let alone a comic box to fit them--does anyone have any suggestions?

I apologize if this has been discussed before--I tried to do a search for this topic and really couldn't find much info.

Buy a magazine sized comic box and store the treasuries lengthwise with the spines down at the bottom of the box.

They fit perfectly. :gossip:

I asked this same question a few months ago. Couldn't find any Mylars and with all the other options, I had to buy in bulk of 50ct or 100ct. I only have a few treasury sized books. Wounded up just getting some magazine frames at the local arts supply store and framing them. Turned out to be the cheapest option too.

batman_c25.jpg

And I just bought some boxes and cardboard protective flats from a local corrugated company. About $1 each, it was always tough to find a good fitting box for treasury's or CGC encased comics for that matter.

Ed

thanks for the all the help!

I took a magazine box and turned it on its front end-- it totally fits all of the treasury books perfectly like a slip case.

I need to contact hotflips for some new bags and boards though

Do they make bags and boards for those British Marvel newsprint paper type magazines? Seem too tall for magazine bags and too small for treasury or life bags..

I have actually spent this evening bagging some of these for sale and they fit magazine bags just fine.

Bags Unlimited also has ALL sizes of mylar, and poly-bags too.

For large maps, posters, art prints, even reader's digests, and cards.

I would try "Hot Flips" first though, since he is a Board member.

If he doesn't have it, then "Google" Bags Unlimited. (thumbs u