• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,567 posts in this topic

cosmic has the lighthouse copy

canikus has the Mcsurley copy

I have the copy found by comichunters

Carl, yours is the dimond in the rough......

every time I give up looking for books I have, another surfaces..........

ah yes...the skipper auctions...let's just say I was spot on about the pics. He had already worked out a deal off ebay with someone else, but unfortunately re-used the pics and replaced the 35 cent variants with 30 cent variants. It was about $125 spent on $15 worth of books. He did offer to let me out or work something out, but, because I jumped the gun not wanting to miss out, dropping the hammer before my questions were answered, I was about to leave for vacation and didn't really want to deal with it and possible negative reprecussions. I figure I can line my packages from future auction sales with the stuff. I would love to have a full list of what 35 cent variants were in his auctions. The only ones I didn't spot were the cartoons.

I came across him in my searches for books I need. I asked for a scan of one book, and the pics were of the regular issue even though the book looked like variants.

So I laid in some very modest snipes, only to be outbid. Then a couple of days later they were all relisted. I emailed the seller and he told me the story of a person who bought all the variants off ebay, and he replaced them with regular books. Thus he let the original bidder off the hook, with positive feedback.

Then you hammered the books now listed with BIN's.

I felt bad for ya

I think he had two westerns.......

I am by no means promoting my sales with this post as I know most of the readers of this thread already have this book. however, please read the messages from other members at the bottom of the auction and feel free to give me your opinions and maybe if all is said and done, I need to spend more time in the PGM threads

KCO 207 - overgraded? Should it be a VG+?

I value the opinions of my fellow members here and will abide by the majority's call...and, as in true forum fashion, let the slamming begin!

...morituri te salutamus...

The large colour breaking crease on the top right front cover brings it down for me. Combined with the other top right crease and the bottom right creases bring it down to vg/fine at best for me. The super large scan does show off every single little defect but I can't ignore those creases.

I list books that look like that as VG- all the time on HOC. (shrug)

then you are seriously undergrading... :baiting:

Man, should i go back to postage size scans? There is no way the book I'm holding in hand is only a VG-. I think the black stains on the back cover a re killing it. Maybe you take more off for color breaking creases? not a touch of moisture damage on this book, the covers are supple and gloss is there, not faded, etc.

Maybe I'm better off listing them without a grade and just let the scans determine the interest...

I'm definitely going back to some of these PGM threads for a refresher...been away too long

I list books that look like that as VG- all the time on HOC. (shrug)

then you are seriously undergrading... :baiting:

Man, should i go back to postage size scans? There is no way the book I'm holding in hand is only a VG-. I think the black stains on the back cover a re killing it. Maybe you take more off for color breaking creases? not a touch of moisture damage on this book, the covers are supple and gloss is there, not faded, etc.

Maybe I'm better off listing them without a grade and just let the scans determine the interest...

I'm definitely going back to some of these PGM threads for a refresher...been away too long

Overgrading Pacific Islander

I could be undergrading those (I know for a fact I've been seriously undergrading books in the FN- to FN/VF range and have been trying to work on it.) But I handle so many VG and lower books and see so many types of defects that I often take something like that down to VG-. Because there are some very nice VGs and VG/FNs and that book isn't close to being as nice as they are, IMO.

Of course I'd rather have a nice book with a light sub crease than the book you've shown, even though the sub crease could technically have more inches of color-break.

fixed. price lowered.

As for the sub-crease, that would be a deal breaker for me. Maybe it's the way I feel about the sub creases but to me that goes through the ENTIRE book and affects the condition drastically. With htis KCO207, those flaws which bring it down for you, are actually isolated to the cover and doesn't go through the entire book.

:news:

I just had a lengthy conversation with Jeff Vaughn at Overstreet, who is looking for real information about Marvel variants and pricing - they are looking for hard data. He's would like to talk to some other people about pricing as well. Please PM me with a contact list and we can go from there.

Amazing!

:news:

okay, somehow I ended up on a different area... You know I can never get this posting stuff right! Here it is again:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Looks like they forgot about the 35 cent Price Variant note on this one! doh!

:banana:

Frank, I know forumite silverandbronze had possibly this same issue and he picked up one in similar grade on the cheap because of the lack of notation (8.5 xmen 35 center) - could be wrong it may have been 107, only paul can verify that for sure