• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,558 posts in this topic

two notes on the doctor strange:

notice on the orange version you can see the "still only 25"

I only know of 4 copies-mine, cosmic-spider-man, metarog, and the guy who brought this variant variant to our attention.

two notes on the doctor strange:

notice on the orange version you can see the "still only 25"

I only know of 4 copies-mine, cosmic-spider-man, metarog, and the guy who brought this variant variant to our attention.

That Cap variant is so striking... makes you wonder how that got out of quality control!

The Dr. Strange variant may have been a corrective action as the regular 25 cent edition also has an orange starburst. Like SA states above since you can clearly see the "still only 25 c" behind the "30 c" block it might have been caught and changed to yellow. I don't know why the color makes a difference as there are other variants with orange starbursts like the Hulk 200 so maybe I'm off base.

This guy is going to be disappointed about this comic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170316605380

I tried to ask the seller what he meant by the title.. I believe he was saying that the indicia says 35 cents, and the cover says 30 cents.. I told them all.. the issues are that way.. and he said no this is rare. (shrug)

Funny thing is he is selling quite a bit of 30 cent variants. :makepoint:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170316605380

I tried to ask the seller what he meant by the title.. I believe he was saying that the indicia says 35 cents, and the cover says 30 cents.. I told them all.. the issues are that way.. and he said no this is rare. (shrug)

Well, you did what you could. Some people just don't want to believe. I tried to help a guy out this weekend on an auction too.

Actually, he is not dissapointed as he got $21 for the book. It just makes you wanna cry...

When do you think the buyer is going to realize he got whacked?

Well,

I asked the seller, what he meant by the listing.. I asked him if it meant there was a double cover.. one with 30 cents on the outside and on the inside one with 35 cents... which i know is basically impossible.. but who knows, could happen. :makepoint:

And he replied with a smarmy answer, saying that he knows what he is talking about. and that I was just trying to prove my comic prowess.. Too bad, i don't know who the buyer is.. i would let him know he just wasted his money! :frustrated:

Well,

I asked the seller, what he meant by the listing.. I asked him if it meant there was a double cover.. one with 30 cents on the outside and on the inside one with 35 cents... which i know is basically impossible.. but who knows, could happen. :makepoint:

And he replied with a smarmy answer, saying that he knows what he is talking about. and that I was just trying to prove my comic prowess.. Too bad, i don't know who the buyer is.. i would let him know he just wasted his money! :frustrated:

He's a tool...and apparently really customer friendly based on this rant...

(THIS MEANS…DO NOT ASK FOR ADDITIONAL SCANS OF AN ITEM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING. IF YOU WISH TO SEE A LARGER VIEW OF THE PHOTOS THAN THE ONES POSTED, DO IT THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER’S PHOTO VIEWING/EDITING PROGRAM. WE WILL NOT SEND EXTRA SCANS OR PHOTOS OF ANY ITEMS LISTED OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED ON OUR SITE. ANY COMMUNICATION OUTSIDE OF THE EBAY WEBSITE IS PROHIBITED AS STATED IN EBAY’S RULES AND REGULATIONS.)

Jim

Craig/canickus was kind enough to help me out with some good data on some price variants in my Avengers set. I thought I would post them here, too.

146AV80Variant.jpg

147AV90Variant.jpg

148AV92Variant.jpg

149AV90Variant.jpg

150AV90Variant.jpg

Ill post the pics when i get em but CGC just gave me my grades ,shipment on the way.. and Im THRILLED to say the least!!

Avengers #164 35 cent variant 9.4 Highest Graded

Fantastic Four #183 9.6 HIGHEST GRADED AGAIN!!!

SWEEET!!!

I bet I have a pile of price variants and don't even know it. I have collected comics for a long time and I live in Canada, I can only assume that in my thousands of comics there are some price variants. Hmmm were to begin checking haha.

I bet I have a pile of price variants and don't even know it. I have collected comics for a long time and I live in Canada

That means you'll likely have a grand total of NONE, as these price variants were only distributed to select US cities.

Hey! How cool is this thread.

Sadly, I'm not much of a "member" in this club - as I don't have any of the books on the two lists a couple of pages back.

However, I now have a new objective! I love price variants.

Actually, I collect Whitman rares, Canadian editions, and the like - so I'm sort of "one foot" into this club already. Most of these look like pre-pack books - ?

Anyhow, I know that the rule is you are not allowed to talk about the club, but are you permitted to type answers? :)

1) Where is the best "listings" for the books I will be seeking? (I saw the 30/35 cent Marvel listings and now have those)

2) DC? Whitman/Gold Key? Any lists on these publishers?

Thanks for any fuel you can provide towards the obsession.

I bet I have a pile of price variants and don't even know it. I have collected comics for a long time and I live in Canada

That means you'll likely have a grand total of NONE, as these price variants were only distributed to select US cities.

FUNNY!!