• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,555 posts in this topic

My god for anyone not watching this take a look. I sent my copy of it off to CGC after seeing the price.(Hoping mine pulls a 7-8.0 too.) Heck I can start another Roth IRA almost on that. popcorn.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

Like I was getting at in the other thread--congratulations to Stephen (forum member)

and to the buyer: screwy.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gif

Was on the variant hunt tongiht again and what to do I see?

Luke Cage, Power Man #32

Publisher: Marvel

Comic Number: 32

Grading Company: CGC

Grade: NM 9.4

Power Man 32 CGC "9.4"

oopsie... but they do put in the disclaimer, which I come across after I've already pulled my hair out at the thought of an upgrade lost frown.gif

What you see in the photos is what you will receive. Accurate photos override mistakes in the description for the decision of returns being accepted.

I wonder if I'll have more success adopting this listing style tongue.gif

I cant believe they put the [#@$%!!!] for the word [#@$%!!!]. It's a bodily function for crying out loud but I guess so is [#@$%!!!], [#@$%!!!] , and [#@$%!!!]... not too mention [#@$%!!!]

I saw that auction along with many others as my emails indicated. Seems there is alot of hositility toward that seller for some reason.(Could just be jealously seems to have alot of that on this board.) I dont know him so I dont really care, but seems to me he would have made more cash had he done seperate auctions especially without the paypal fee.(Guess it depended on what the individual sale price would have been.) Dont get me wrong some wont bid without paypal, but I cant blame the seller for wanted to avoid that fee.(In fact if it wasnt proven to me several times that I get more bids taking CCs I wouldnt either.) Alot of times I split the difference with my buyer as a discount if they offer to send a MO. Just my two cents.

Ok--I am confused....

Norrin posts about the SW 1-4 auction that had the 3rd flip of the 9.4 and the other three graded---for a huge price....

Then Dr Neff loses me...I think he was talking about the other SW1 variant that ended with no bids once the seller split the auctions...

And I have no idea what you are refering to, Robert.

What am I missing? Can I get a translator?

Hey guys,

Does anybody have an idea of the actual number of 35 cent variants there are of each issue? I've heard of 20-50 thrown around for the average book - is that valid at all? I've heard anywhere from 200 to 2000 for the big ones (like SW #1).

What would cause the sudden jump in prices on the X-Men 105-107 books? I sold a 106 CGC 8.0 @ 500 BIN ansd I was shocked? Is there a new goup of folks looking for these now? It seems there are some different usernames bidding, that are not or have not been bidding before?

There is no real explanation for the prices of the 105 & the 106. I was shocked at your 106 auction. If I was guessing, I would say the BIN was hit on your auction, because the person may have been tired of what a couple of hoarders/speculators have been doing to the price.

Again, congratulations to the prices realized by Stephen and you, Kevin. I honestly hope a couple of these screwy.gif still have money left when I am selling a dupe or two......

I have still got about 60-70 different issues of these 35 cent copies and I was hoping on new buyers or more interest. I was figuring some of these folks I didnt recognize were the ones driving up the price. Dont get me wrong, these are neat books and anyone can lok at the CGC census and see that they are obviously very rare. The law of Large numbers will tell you that, or the lack of the large numbers. I still cant figure why the Star Wars 1 is so much more expensive. There are more copies of that book offered than any other variant or so it seems. I am still a novice at this and really shouldnt even try to venture an opinion. I was just lucky to be at the right place/right time to get the variants I have.

I have still got about 60-70 different issues of these 35 cent copies and I was hoping on new buyers or more interest. I was figuring some of these folks I didnt recognize were the ones driving up the price. Dont get me wrong, these are neat books and anyone can lok at the CGC census and see that they are obviously very rare. The law of Large numbers will tell you that, or the lack of the large numbers. I still cant figure why the Star Wars 1 is so much more expensive. There are more copies of that book offered than any other variant or so it seems. I am still a novice at this and really shouldnt even try to venture an opinion. I was just lucky to be at the right place/right time to get the variants I have.

As said before, the Star Wars books have the "cross-over collectiblity factor" with the movie fanatics that most of the other variants don't. At least, that's the way I see it.

K

As said before, the Star Wars books have the "cross-over collectiblity factor" with the movie fanatics that most of the other variants don't. At least, that's the way I see it.

K

You are exactly correct both Star Wars and X-men collectors kill each other for these books. They are just more Star Wars fans then X fans thats why the value is higher. FF and Ghost Rider should see a small rise in the next few months also.