• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,558 posts in this topic

Nice stuff.

In the Spring of 1977, I remember picking up Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 7 and noting the price had risen to a whopping 35 cents. This was disappointing news to a ten-year old with a modest budget and an appetite for Spider-Man comics. Much to my delight, by issue 8, the price had went down, which even at the time had struck me as strange.

Nice stuff.

In the Spring of 1977, I remember picking up Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 7 and noting the price had risen to a whopping 35 cents. This was disappointing news to a ten-year old with a modest budget and an appetite for Spider-Man comics. Much to my delight, by issue 8, the price had went down, which even at the time had struck me as strange.

Nice story. Of course in England we had our own prices on the covers or stickers on the DC's. It wasn't until I picked up my first Overstreet in '89 that I discovered these variants.

Anybody have the one on the right?

never seen that one before.

What's the word?

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

Ok, are we just talking about the inking or did I miss something?

Anybody have the one on the right?

never seen that one before.

What's the word?

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

Ok, are we just talking about the inking or did I miss something?

I was talking about the "bird"