• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,558 posts in this topic

Pretty psyched in finding an OO collection in Baltimore: 1975-1978 about 250 Marvels and 300 DC's.

When I ask him how many boxes are in the collection he told me that they all stacked on a book case. I imagine the worst as I come up to them. The house is basically trashed and he is moving out. As I climb over the all over the floor, I am pleased to see them on the bookcase in the back corner where they have likely been sitting for 35 years. Nearly all are stored in the old Robert Bell bags (The ones with his info label on the top tab) with a layer of dust over every top stacked book. I take one or two out to check condition and these books are untouched unread. The cover pops from the front page.

Then I start seeing the variants and really not a single variant possibility is the 25 cent kind - hello Baltimore. So there are about 30+ variants all in pretty high grade. There were two total Xmen books - 94 + 100 with the 100 a variant. So that was nice. Most of the titles were the oddball like Son of Satan, Marvel Presents, Human Fly, Planet of the Apes etc. Same with the DC's. There's every issue of the Batman Family but 5 total Batmans and Detectives. Other key issues were All Star 58 (got bent from bad storage) Spotlight 32, Star Wars 1, Iron Fist 1, Neal Adams Giants etc.

Pages aren't snowy white and quite a few are cream to OW at the edge due to the bags not being folded over. Covers are glossy and sharp as can be, a little stacking curvature here and there as well. So really a fun lot to go through. I'll post a couple more in a bit.

Pretty psyched in finding an OO collection in Baltimore: 1975-1978 about 250 Marvels and 300 DC's.

When I ask him how many boxes are in the collection he told me that they all stacked on a book case. I imagine the worst as I come up to them. The house is basically trashed and he is moving out. As I climb over the all over the floor, I am pleased to see them on the bookcase in the back corner where they have likely been sitting for 35 years. Nearly all are stored in the old Robert Bell bags (The ones with his info label on the top tab) with a layer of dust over every top stacked book. I take one or two out to check condition and these books are untouched unread. The cover pops from the front page.

Then I start seeing the variants and really not a single variant possibility is the 25 cent kind - hello Baltimore. So there are about 30+ variants all in pretty high grade. There were two total Xmen books - 94 + 100 with the 100 a variant. So that was nice. Most of the titles were the oddball like Son of Satan, Marvel Presents, Human Fly, Planet of the Apes etc. Same with the DC's. There's every issue of the Batman Family but 5 total Batmans and Detectives. Other key issues were All Star 58 (got bent from bad storage) Spotlight 32, Star Wars 1, Iron Fist 1, Neal Adams Giants etc.

Pages aren't snowy white and quite a few are cream to OW at the edge due to the bags not being folded over. Covers are glossy and sharp as can be, a little stacking curvature here and there as well. So really a fun lot to go through. I'll post a couple more in a bit.

Lets see the 100!