• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

:pullhair:

Two gun Kid #129 - someone pulled the plug on the auction

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

Sounds like a good deal (thumbs u

That book is hard to find.

Sounds like a good deal (thumbs u

That book is hard to find.

Maybe, bottom right looked a little chewed up. I was going to bid if the auction played out but it wasn't me.

Trying to expand my collection and thought some price variants would be neat. What would be consider some key price variant books besides IF14 & SW1 ?

There was no way I would ever come close to a full set of these, but I did like the idea of collecting them, so I went after price variants of titles I liked. I had a handful of 30¢ variants of Thor 250, Cap 200, Marvel Feature 4, Marvel Spotlight 28 and all the Warlock (12-14) 30¢ variants. Recently, I picked up all the Ms. Marvel (6-10) 35¢ variants, so those fit nicely in my run.

Trying to expand my collection and thought some price variants would be neat. What would be consider some key price variant books besides IF14 & SW1 ?

There was no way I would ever come close to a full set of these, but I did like the idea of collecting them, so I went after price variants of titles I liked. I had a handful of 30¢ variants of Thor 250, Cap 200, Marvel Feature 4, Marvel Spotlight 28 and all the Warlock (12-14) 30¢ variants. Recently, I picked up all the Ms. Marvel (6-10) 35¢ variants, so those fit nicely in my run.

+1

If you collect a certain title then find the variant. If you like Spider-Man then look for Spider-Man. If you like X-Men then look for X-Men.

Now don't look for Sgt. Fury if you don't like Sgt. Fury. People think hard-to-find variant books are key but they are not. Grail to some but never key. You will get bored fast and end up listing your hard-to find variants for sale or auction and taking a loss on the time and money you wasted finding them.

+1

If you collect a certain title then find the variant. If you like Spider-Man then look for Spider-Man. If you like X-Men then look for X-Men.

Now don't look for Sgt. Fury if you don't like Sgt. Fury. People think hard-to-find variant books are key but they are not. Grail to some but never key. You will get bored fast and end up listing your hard-to find variants for sale or auction and taking a loss on the time and money you wasted finding them.

Don't worry, keldog is not bitter at all (thumbs u

+1

I did not mean to sound bitter. My point was to collect what you like and not is the in demand book that others are looking for to complete there set.

I was agreeing with Ball on going for titles you like.

The hunt for these books are fun if you have passion for the books you want.

I hope the new owners of that Cap #212 error books will enjoy those books in their collection. (thumbs u

I'm still looking for the owners of the IF#14 9.4 to sell :baiting: .

+1

I did not mean to sound bitter. My point was to collect what you like and not is the in demand book that others are looking for to complete there set.

I hope the new owners of that Cap #212 error books will enjoy those books in their collection. (thumbs u

No I know, sometimes you do end up selling a really tough to find book for what seems like cents on the dollar...

:sorry:

Leave the tough ones for those that really, really want them (thumbs u

+1

No I know, sometimes you do end up selling a really tough to find book for what seems like cents on the dollar...

:sorry:

Leave the tough ones for those that really, really want them (thumbs u

I blame my woes on paying bills as stopping me from ever completing a set. lol That and a wife.

the truth is, we actually need as many people as possible to be educated and searching for these things.

it would be very lonely and probably impossible to complete a run of variants without some sort of assistance from others, especially the people who do not collect them, but sell them to finance their other collecting focus.

the truth is, we actually need as many people as possible to be educated and searching for these things.

it would be very lonely and probably impossible to complete a run of variants without some sort of assistance from others, especially the people who do not collect them, but sell them to finance their other collecting focus.

I think everyone can agree with this! Sell your rare variants, please, everyone!

:applause:

:fear::hi:

'cept you never buy my low grade over priced ones.....