• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Heritage Catalog

26 posts in this topic

Got mine in today for the June 11th-12th auction... I guess I finally placed enough thrill bids to start getting them for free...

Definitely some cool stuff. Even the wife was impressed by some of the Golden Age books. If I didn't know any better I would think she wanted to buy the Zegra 5... Heck, I would be happy with any of the books on that page... thumbsup2.gif

Four shiny CGC 9.9 Undergrounds? 893whatthe.gif

A 9.6 X-Men 94? cloud9.gif with OW pages... foreheadslap.gif

I almost feel sorry for the consignor of the 3rd best Superman 2 at 7.0... since the second best copy at 8.0 is in the same auction. foreheadslap.gif

Probably the nicest 1.0 copy of Tec 27 around... as long as you don't flip it over...

That Western Penn 9.4 Flash 123 is cloud9.gif with White Pages... cloud9.gif

Pacific Coast 9.6 Fantastic Four Annual 1... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some nice original art, too... The only piece that I would consider throwing stupid money at is the cover to Thor 263. It's not Buscema and Sinnott's best work, but that was one of the first comics I ever read, and there is something to be said for nostalgia. cloud9.gif

So what are you looking at, drooling over, planning to thrill bid? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm just giddy about the Batman 17 7.0 with light tan to cream pages. Seeing as MINE is an 8.0 with OWW pages, I just made $700. Thanks Fred!

batman17.jpg

NO Bronze FFs in the auction.

I've been placing bids for about two weeks. But I do like the catalog. And yes I got it today and free (well if spend a couple grand every few months is not factored into the free).

Mostly looking at the Bethlehem books (especially the Atlas issues). Some nice (CGC 9.0 or higher) Silver-Age and near the last day or two, I will see if there's some nice Golden-Age at a below market prices to put a "hope I get lucky" bid in on.

Apparently there has been a significant policy change at Heritage... and I thought it would be a good idea to let everyone know...

You know.... In case you haven't had a chance to see your catalog yet...

Or maybe you don't thrill bid enough to get one...

So you wouldn't be up to date on the policy change....

But here it is:

hercatalog.jpg

And no... I didn't edit the picture... other than to add the orange...

Anyway... thought you should know... tongue.gif

I almost feel sorry for the consignor of the 3rd best Superman 2 at 7.0... since the second best copy at 8.0 is in the same auction. foreheadslap.gif

I've always thought that Heritage is doing themselves and the sellers a huge disservice by running 2 books like this at the same time. Surely one will cannibalize the other? If they got one in, why don't they just tell the second consignor they've got a similar item already, and just cool his jets for a mere 2 months until the next major auction?

As for what I have my eye on, those unbelievable B&B, Showcase and My Greatest Adventure runs!

the last Heritage had those nice DCs which sold for way way way out prices

You got that right. Let's hope a little sanity gets restored to the DC market. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So what are you looking at, drooling over , planning to thrill bid? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First rule of Heritage Club: Don't talk about what you're going to bid on at Heritage Club sumo.gif

So this would be a bad time to mention those top census 30c variants??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looking back through the catalog, and looking through my stash of personal stuff (since I don't sell store inventory to finance my personal buys), I think the only item I might take a run at is that Thor 263 cover...

Any original art types want to give me an idea what I should expect to pay? I haven't bought any art in over a year and the market changes so quickly I know better than to think I can guess... foreheadslap.gif

I'll still probably bid on a few things as store inventory... but that's the only item likely to go home to roost...

So what are you looking at, drooling over , planning to thrill bid? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First rule of Heritage Club: Don't talk about what you're going to bid on at Heritage Club sumo.gif

So this would be a bad time to mention those top census 30c variants??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Weren't you spposed to broker this deal for me for the Ghost Riders? confused.gif I'm taking this source had more in high grade and wanted the protection of the Heritage bump behind his sales....

flowerred.gif I liked the Rogue River collection - bound Four Color # 16 so I can read a copy because my latest one is slabbed...

I know Bill's daughter Dana, but she and he don't get on well so I missed my chance to marry into the family frown.gif

BUT DID YA CHECK OUT THE catalogue # 811 full page ad for COMICS4KIDS cloud9.gif they got the address right too!! (sorry - the OPG # 34 articel still had the old address )

thanks again so much Jim Halperin & John Petty & Ed Jaster acclaim.gif you guys raise the bar and make this all worthwhile!! angel.gif

Lot 8045 - Peanuts Sunday comic strip original art from 1957 wih Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown! 893whatthe.gif

Lot 7059 - More Fun Comics #54 CGC 8.0 w/ classic Spectre cover cloud9.gif

Surprisingly enough, my mom is bidding like a mad..woman.. on that Peanuts strip. Peanuts fanatic. It's on my account though, so if she wins.. dad better give her the damn money. mad.gif

Brian