• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Sales "value"

I'll take that bet. Did you see the Single sketched and double signed #1s go for $250 each? And they weren't available for long before they got snatched up.

Yep. I picked one of them up and was happy to pay that price. I never saw myself paying that for a modern book on its 12th issue, but for this title I will. Meanwhile, the blue and yellow label Saga #1s continue to sink in price from their peak (and there are a billion of them seemingly). MP #1 has been steady or slightly ticking up in value by most measures. Even the mighty Saga RRP has been sinking of late.

you guys are honestly going to sit there and tell me that MP wouldnt sell more copies if Nick were drawing the covers? You dont think seeing Einstein holding a bloody chainsaw on the cover would at least entice someone new to pick up and flip through the book, rather then the same-ole same-ole that is on the cover each month?

Maybe they are, but the bottom line is that the regular issue #1s of MP and Saga appear to be moving in two different directions as the series progresses. This is especially true if you discount the RRP for Saga as there is no similar variant for MP (thank you Image).

you guys are honestly going to sit there and tell me that MP wouldnt sell more copies if Nick were drawing the covers? You dont think seeing Einstein holding a bloody chainsaw on the cover would at least entice someone new to pick up and flip through the book, rather then the same-ole same-ole that is on the cover each month?

I would never say that. The covers are part of the reason that I never thought about buying this book until I heard the buzz and read the first trade. I like them now, because it part of the overall look and feel of the book, but it seems as though line drawn covers would help bring in new readers.

I would never say that. The covers are part of the reason that I never thought about buying this book until I heard the buzz and read the first trade. I like them now, because it part of the overall look and feel of the book, but it seems as though line drawn covers would help bring in new readers.

I can't say that having Nick do the covers wouldn't help attract readers, but personally I like the covers. I also like the fact that they are wonderful for sketches when you have them signed, and that Nick is amazingly cool and talented enough to whip up some fantastic con remarks.

I read the first two TPB's last week based on the reviews in this thread. (thumbs u

I think having art on the covers might appeal to more people but I leafed through earlier issues because of the unique cover so it probably works both ways.

Anyone notice both of Hickman's Avengers books have "circular logo buttons" on the covers....(they have artwork though)

newavengers.jpg

did the Nighty news sell well? Sure it was a mini but I mean, JH drew the covers...

no clue! lol

was it a good read? what about Red Wing?

Valid.

Red Wing was a GREAT read. Never read Nighty News, I just always pull it out of the dollar bin hoping something will happen.

I just don't think the cover artist matters.

Just a heads-up, Nick is taking a few commissions for SDCC. More details here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6787579#Post6787579

Just to clarify, since I'm getting asked a lot, you do not have to attend SDCC to get a commission/sketch, it can be sent to you. All commissions/sketches will be done by the end of the show, whether for pick up or shipping. Thanks!

If you are thinking about getting Nick to do a commission, stop thinking and DO IT!

:whee:

Check out the Einstein I just got back. You can't see the pencil work very well, but it is REALLY cool. The top label on the whiskey bottle says E=mc2

2nu7ux3.png

Edited by BizarroChuck