• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

I am putting Jonathon Nick and the world on notice that I am super p.o'd about Fermi getting the chainsaw. I am hoping that his alien race is like starfish and a couple Fermi's or at least one Fermi will be around.

I am putting Jonathon Nick and the world on notice that I am super p.o'd about Fermi getting the chainsaw. I am hoping that his alien race is like starfish and a couple Fermi's or at least one Fermi will be around.

That would be awesome.

If I recall correctly

It was done off panel. We only saw a little blood splash. Maybe he was just horribly disfigured or Einstein gave him a nice chainsaw-aided tattoo/scar to flag him as an alien. A la, the Russians marking the Nazis.

It's possible, I guess...

I really need to get better about fighting the temptation to read spoilers when I am three issues behind in my reading.

I am the same way. But I did remember to spoiler tag it. :foryou:

If I recall correctly

It was done off panel. We only saw a little blood splash. Maybe he was just horribly disfigured or Einstein gave him a nice chainsaw-aided tattoo/scar to flag him as an alien. A la, the Russians marking the Nazis.

That is a great point!!

I really need to get better about fighting the temptation to read spoilers when I am three issues behind in my reading.

Everyone did, it was my fault for letting my curiosity get the better of me despite everyone's best efforts to protect my ignorance. Not sure what the generally accepted guidelines for spoilers are anyway, but I'd bet that you guys are being kind protecting me this long.

I have a real problem reading my accumulated MPs, because once I read them that new story is gone forever. :sorry: It is a real catch 22, as I like having new stories to read but I enjoy them so much I hate for them to be over.

Everyone did, it was my fault for letting my curiosity get the better of me despite everyone's best efforts to protect my ignorance. Not sure what the generally accepted guidelines for spoilers are anyway, but I'd bet that you guys are being kind protecting me this long.

I have a real problem reading my accumulated MPs, because once I read them that new story is gone forever. :sorry: It is a real catch 22, as I like having new stories to read but I enjoy them so much I hate for them to be over.

I know what you mean, but I just can't hold off reading. This, Think Tank, Saga and WD are my day-of-release reads. MP and Think Tank are the only two I think about for a while after reading.

Maybe there is crack in the pages (shrug)

I think there is. I actually get ticked off at Nick and Jon. There is something about the way the ensemble cast is set up. I have my favorites, and I have preconceived notions that they are constantly setting on their ear. This book just fires me up.

If I recall correctly

That is a great point!!

The art for issue #13 has been done for a while. It will be on display at SDCC, so anyone who wants to see what happens (and if their guesses are correct) can find out in a week!

Nick will be set up at the Image booth and it's my understanding that the entire issue (along with other primo OA) will be available for sale. He'll also have prints and other goodies. The signing schedule will be announced at the show. Good luck to all shoppers!

I can only speculate but Hickman is a busy dude. He currently has several ongoing books and a graphic novel he is working on.

Ongoing Titles:

Secret

Manhatten Projects

East of West

Avengers

New Avengers

In Progress:

God is Dead

Plus the graphic novel: Feel Better Now

i was hoping for a HC of Volume Two. Maybe at NYCC

Not sure there will be a limited edition volume 2. From what I understand, there will be a regular HC coming out that will contain the first two trades. The first ltd ed HC may have been a one-off (a la the WD retailer incentive HC).

Just got back from SDCC. Here's an MP commission I got from Nick:

einsteinprintfreshsmall.jpg

He liked it a lot and colored it for a print:

ddeinsteinsmall.jpg

He did a lot of cool sketches/commissions at the show. Will post more later!

i was hoping for a HC of Volume Two. Maybe at NYCC

Not sure there will be a limited edition volume 2. From what I understand, there will be a regular HC coming out that will contain the first two trades. The first ltd ed HC may have been a one-off (a la the WD retailer incentive HC).

Just got back from SDCC. Here's an MP commission I got from Nick:

einsteinprintfreshsmall.jpg

He liked it a lot and colored it for a print:

ddeinsteinsmall.jpg

He did a lot of cool sketches/commissions at the show. Will post more later!

:o(worship)

That is THE coolest. What a great piece, Congratulations!