• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have a slabbed House of Mystery #217?

13 posts in this topic

Man, I love that cover. Apparently other people do to because I haven't seen that book available in the last year. According to GPA, there was a single 9.4 sale back in Jan '11.

I'd look into it but I think that's a project that could turn into a significant amount of money. I mean you've got around 75 for the book and shipping, then another I guess 58 for grading plus whatever postage is to and from CGC. I mean that could easily be 175 for a 9.2 if it grades at what the guys graded it at and wasn't damaged in the post....

Plus it might make sense to press it so at least another $30 to get a 9.4. I think the 9.4 that went for sale last year went for a little over a hundred. I'm just not sure that the finances make sense...

I'd look into it but I think that's a project that could turn into a significant amount of money. I mean you've got around 75 for the book and shipping, then another I guess 58 for grading plus whatever postage is to and from CGC. I mean that could easily be 175 for a 9.2 if it grades at what the guys graded it at and wasn't damaged in the post....

Plus it might make sense to press it so at least another $30 to get a 9.4. I think the 9.4 that went for sale last year went for a little over a hundred. I'm just not sure that the finances make sense...

If it's a book you really like and is available at a good price I'd grab it. You can worry about encapsulation at a later time.

Show off.

One day I'll catch up. I've got 183 in 9.6, 212 in 9.6 and 275 in 9.8 on the way. That should give me about 1200 pts and put me in the top 5.

Bah, who am I kidding? Even if I make it to the 2 spot that's still half the total of your set.

Show off.

One day I'll catch up. I've got 183 in 9.6, 212 in 9.6 and 275 in 9.8 on the way. That should give me about 1200 pts and put me in the top 5.

Bah, who am I kidding? Even if I make it to the 2 spot that's still half the total of your set.

I've been upgrading/buying this set for almost ten years...much easier to do now than when I started :facepalm: