• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that "Comic Book Men" wasn't ever intended to be taken seriously.

52 posts in this topic

lol

but seriously, it's easy to throw rocks and say that this show is garbage.

but on the flip side (as they say in show business)

"there is no such thing as bad publicity"

and this show (even though it will more than likely crash and burn)

is not only allowing a good bit of viewing public to see some decent books

But could be showing viewers their first look at graded CGC product.

So with that in mind - it's not all bad.

I understand that people who dislike this show would probably rather watch more compelling and engaging programming like The Bachelor or Jersey Shore, but I, myself, in the mood to watch complete tripe - would rather have that tripe be about comic books than hairdryers and Coach handbags.

Hmm. This guy did the pencils for Cacophony and the Widening Gyre. I'll have to dig those up and take a second look. Didn't think much of either the story or the artwork from those books so I guess I never bothered to remember the guy's name.

Judging from the ratings, their publicity is doing no good.

Walking Dead at 9 had 3.5 share.

Comic Book Men at 10 had 0.8 share which is exactly the same as

Walking Dead at 11 - 0.8 share.

Even with the intro of a huge show, for cable, the numbers drop off a cliff.

Odd that a show that rings false to its target audience and bears no point of interest beyond that target audience would struggle to find acceptance, success and viewership. A conundrum to be sure.

The worst thing about Comic Book Men, and that's saying a lot, is the missed opportunity.

With Walking Dead sourced form comics, it could've been the prefect segue to something equally entertaining and informative for the non-comic book viewers. A glimpse of something fun, historic, compelling, with a rich history.

The worst thing about Comic Book Men, and that's saying a lot, is the missed opportunity.

With Walking Dead sourced form comics, it could've been the prefect segue to something equally entertaining and informative for the non-comic book viewers. A glimpse of something fun, historic, compelling, with a rich history.

I disagree. I think if they put on a comic book show that was Antique Roadshow-esque or something dealing with what the posters around think the show should be about, the ratings would be in Cop Rock territory.

Softball served

I disagree. I think if they put on a comic book show that was Antique Roadshow-esque or something dealing with what the posters around think the show should be about, the ratings would be in Cop Rock territory.

Softball served

They'd kill for Cop Rock's ratings. lol

Considering there is almost a unamious hatred of this mess show, there sure is a lot of discussion revolving around it. After every episode someone posts of a thread of how terrible it was.

:/

Comic Book Men is to the comic industry what Jar Jar Binks did to the Star Wars empire.

Considering there is almost a unamious hatred of this mess show, there sure is a lot of discussion revolving around it. After every episode someone posts of a thread of how terrible it was.

:/

Comic Book Men is to the comic industry what Jar Jar Binks did to the Star Wars empire.

How can it be? The only people watching it are apparently all the people from these boards that complain about it.

This show is what many LCS's are like.

Whether we like it or not. The show is pretty realistic. Even the bad calls on the values of various items.

I remember years ago, there was an employee in a comic book store that also sold baseball cards. The employee sold a card to a person for $12.00. The price sticker on the card read 1200. So the employee assumed it was $12.00. When the store owner found out about the sale, he contacted the "kid" that had purchased the card and wanted it back. This all made the national news, and it was all due to the LCS employee not knowing what he was doing.

The actual price was supposed to be $1200.00. I am going from memory here and do not remember what star was on the card.

"Comic Book Men" is about "men" involved in a store that sells comic books. It is not about comic books, their history, slabbing, or comic book values. Much as we would like it to be.

Most of the country couldn't care less about comic books. They just like watching drama, or characters. Like Snookie.

Whether we like it or not. The show is pretty realistic. Even the bad calls on the values of various items.

I remember years ago, there was an employee in a comic book store that also sold baseball cards. The employee sold a card to a person for $12.00. The price sticker on the card read 1200. So the employee assumed it was $12.00. When the store owner found out about the sale, he contacted the "kid" that had purchased the card and wanted it back. This all made the national news, and it was all due to the LCS employee not knowing what he was doing.

The actual price was supposed to be $1200.00. I am going from memory here and do not remember what star was on the card.

"Comic Book Men" is about "men" involved in a store that sells comic books. It is not about comic books, their history, slabbing, or comic book values. Much as we would like it to be.

Most of the country couldn't care less about comic books. They just like watching drama, or characters. Like Snookie.

I believe it was a Sandy Koufax rookie.There was also another card sold.I think it was a Nolan Ryan rookie.

PS Snookie is pregnant lol

I understand that people who dislike this show would probably rather watch more compelling and engaging programming like The Bachelor or Jersey Shore, but I, myself, in the mood to watch complete tripe - would rather have that tripe be about comic books than hairdryers and Coach handbags.

As someone who dislikes this show, I prefer to watch Mad Men or The Wire. Good sir I am most offended!

:shy:

a BIG +1 on this post.