• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that "Comic Book Men" wasn't ever intended to be taken seriously.

52 posts in this topic

This show is what many LCS's are like.

Whether we like it or not. The show is pretty realistic. Even the bad calls on the values of various items.

I remember years ago, there was an employee in a comic book store that also sold baseball cards. The employee sold a card to a person for $12.00. The price sticker on the card read 1200. So the employee assumed it was $12.00. When the store owner found out about the sale, he contacted the "kid" that had purchased the card and wanted it back. This all made the national news, and it was all due to the LCS employee not knowing what he was doing.

The actual price was supposed to be $1200.00. I am going from memory here and do not remember what star was on the card.

"Comic Book Men" is about "men" involved in a store that sells comic books. It is not about comic books, their history, slabbing, or comic book values. Much as we would like it to be.

Most of the country couldn't care less about comic books. They just like watching drama, or characters. Like Snookie.

I can't name one LCS, outside of the one on this show, that would not try to get a collection of key golden age out of the owner, and just pass it off to an auction house without trying to make a buck.

Am I going to be yelled at for simply saying I enjoy Comic Book Men?

I find it fun to watch for what it is. I do not expect intense high brow exploration of the subject. I expect to be entertained.

I am entertained... It is an easy show to have on as I complete work related material.

I enjoy comic book men.

I enjoy how bad it is. It's like watching a train wreck.

It does, however, really bother me the way they perpetrate the comic book stereotype, when they had to chance to show not all comics fans are, well, losers.

HURRY UP, IT JUST STARTED AT 11:00, GET TO YOUR DAMN TVS

Why would we hurry to see a rerun that's 5 days old? (shrug)

Isn't it obvious that one time is not enough!!

Holy Carp!!! You're right!!

Is it available "on demand"?

Can I just run the episodes on an endless loop?

Oh the possibilities. :cloud9:

Isn't it obvious that one time is not enough!!

Holy Carp!!! You're right!!

Is it available "on demand"?

Can I just run the episodes on an endless loop?

Oh the possibilities. :cloud9:

You mean like a 45 minute long GIF?

FLEE!

Considering there is almost a unamious hatred of this mess show, there sure is a lot of discussion revolving around it. After every episode someone posts of a thread of how terrible it was.

:/

Comic Book Men is to the comic industry what Jar Jar Binks did to the Star Wars empire.

Couldn't have said it better.....................................

Just sat down last night with the wife and watched the first and third episodes - and we had a lot of fun. The show is way more entertaining watching it with someone, even if they don't know much about comics.

This show is growing on me. The dialogue is hilarious and the third show was much more comic-centric. Much like being a Sucker Punch fan - it's an uphill battle supporting the show!

Just sat down last night with the wife and watched the first and third episodes - and we had a lot of fun. The show is way more entertaining watching it with someone, even if they don't know much about comics.

This show is growing on me. The dialogue is hilarious and the third show was much more comic-centric. Much like being a Sucker Punch fan - it's an uphill battle supporting the show!

And much like Sucker Punch, a lobotomy might be the answer.

A wise guy, eh?

Stooges-%252520Eye%252520Poke.jpg

I look forward to this show as well.

It's like a LCS trapped in a cheesy Clerks world.

The wife and I have tickets to see Smith and Mewes new routine act

"Jay & Silent Bob Get Old" on Thursday here win Durham.

I can't wait.

A wise guy, eh?

Stooges-%252520Eye%252520Poke.jpg

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!!!