• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof that "Comic Book Men" wasn't ever intended to be taken seriously.

52 posts in this topic

So they actually show books on that show?? I have never made passed the first few minutes because all they are doing is talking.

Seriously? You judged an entire comic book show on the first three minutes of it's content? Are you on Ritalin?

This show is what many LCS's are like.

Whether we like it or not. The show is pretty realistic. Even the bad calls on the values of various items.

I remember years ago, there was an employee in a comic book store that also sold baseball cards. The employee sold a card to a person for $12.00. The price sticker on the card read 1200. So the employee assumed it was $12.00. When the store owner found out about the sale, he contacted the "kid" that had purchased the card and wanted it back. This all made the national news, and it was all due to the LCS employee not knowing what he was doing.

The actual price was supposed to be $1200.00. I am going from memory here and do not remember what star was on the card.

"Comic Book Men" is about "men" involved in a store that sells comic books. It is not about comic books, their history, slabbing, or comic book values. Much as we would like it to be.

Most of the country couldn't care less about comic books. They just like watching drama, or characters. Like Snookie.

It WAS the Nolan Ryan rookie card... it went to Court, and the Judge decided that the boy's parents should pay $600.00.

CAL who remembers...

I love this show. And when I say "love", I actually mean tolerate. Any publicity is good publicity.

It's beginning to grow on me. I wonder if it's because it's getting better or because I'm getting desensitized by it :juggle:

fast forwarded thru the last episode... innocuous enough.. though they did mislabel the Killing Joke as being published in 1975 (when they show the splash screen with the random comic book "facts").

fast forwarded thru the last episode... innocuous enough.. though they did mislabel the Killing Joke as being published in 1975 (when they show the splash screen with the random comic book "facts").

I saw that. Major mistake.

i watch it just for the comics they may show. its clearly not ment for just hardcore comic fans but are hoping they dangle just enough books each week to keep them watching. walt is annoying as hell, the typical nerd who thinks hes a badass. and every store ive ever been a regular at has that one customer who you want to punch in the face cause he acts like he works there....

So they actually show books on that show?? I have never made passed the first few minutes because all they are doing is talking.

Seriously? You judged an entire comic book show on the first three minutes of it's content? Are you on Ritalin?

Yes I did. All I ever saw is a bunch of standing around talking. They need to start with the good stuff!