• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #23

9 posts in this topic

Just picked this one up for a price I was very happy with due to a subscription crease that affects the entire book. The crease only breaks color a little at the top edge and for about an inch a little left of "The Master Plan of Doctor Doom". Anyone with any experience pressing subscription creases? All thoughts and opinion as to grade as is and potential improvement with a press are appreciated. :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

That is the "Smokey Mountain Lode Copy". (thumbs u

The Smokey Lode's were an original collection of SA Marvels from Tennessee.

I know because I sold this book a few years ago. I sold it as a 5.0 copy, which is the grade I purchased it as. It's a nice copy, except for that subscription crease, and a few little dings near the top and at the top of the spine. Congrats!!! Nice to see it's with a "Boardie". :applause:

edit: Opps!!! I am wrong, sorry. :blush: It's not the Smokey copy but looks very similar (Your copy looks a little better actually). I just tried to scan my copy and i can see they are different. Here's the scan anyway.

Also, I don't think pressing will help much either because it is missing color on the cover, ask Joeypost.

This is the Smokey Mountain Lode copy.

fantasticfour23Smokeymountainlodecollection.jpg

5.0 'cause of the folding crease down the middle Best case after a press 5.5-that crease isn't going to go away so 6.0 is not gonna happen.