• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT... any experts know wht really happened to Peter Parker's baby?

26 posts in this topic

This one rally bugs me with the success of the alternate universe May Day Parker Spider-Girl... The last thing I knew was that she was kidnapped by Norman Osborne.. exactly what did he do with her.... 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gifconfused.gif

WEBHEAD confused.gif

This one rally bugs me with the success of the alternate universe May Day Parker Spider-Girl... The last thing I knew was that she was kidnapped by Norman Osborne.. exactly what did he do with her.... 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gifconfused.gif

WEBHEAD confused.gif

I believe Norman is in negotiations with DC on this one! Apparantly, Spider-Baby is a free agent at this point. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WEBHEAD confused.gif

I've been asking myself this for years.

WEBHEAD confused.gif

Since when did Spider-Man have a baby? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe the dingo ate the baby.... confused-smiley-013.gif

He didn't....Mary Jane did.

Last time I checked its takes two to make a baby... gossip.gif

theoretically now with cloning women can give birth to their own clones!

WEBHEAD confused.gif

People fussed about the clone saga....but I was more upset with how they handled the baby storyline. If they chickened out and decided they didn't want Spider-man to be "grownup and successful, i.e. boring"( as a writer stated in an old interview back then, can't remember which one.) then why start the storyline. The ending with the baby's disappearance was contrived and plain sick. Of couse someone will revive the plot in the future with a double sized foil issue 893frustrated.gif

This [!@#%^&^] is probably why the Spider-Girl mag. has received its' moderate success, i.e. folks are actually willing to let Spidey grow up.

Of couse someone will revive the plot in the future

And Marvel should address it. It's asinine on their part to act as if it didn't happen or the baby doesn't exist. What the hell are they thinking anyway? But then again, it's just another example of the sad creative shape Marvel's dug themselves into.

Jim

...Babies kidnapped by evil villains, clones, people thought dead returning etc. Sounds like a soap opera.

Oh my god! Comics are soap operas for boys!

Nope... Professional Wrestling is soap opera for boys.

Comics are the male version of the romance novel. insane.gif

...Babies kidnapped by evil villains, clones, people thought dead returning etc. Sounds like a soap opera.

Nope... Professional Wrestling is soap opera for boys.

Comics are the male version of the romance novel. insane.gif

OK - now most women read romance novels because the hot guys whisk them away to adventures, and have exotic names like Andre DuBois and Harken Valkonen and even Lance Steel.

So a comic is usually (not always but much more often) about guys with exotic names like Punisher and Green Goblin and Doctor Strange whisking the male reader to adventures. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know - I STILL would rather look at the cover of Sinister House Of Secret Love than Hulk 181! blush.gif

CRC

I still can't believe Mary Jane Watson was the Salam stalker

Of couse someone will revive the plot in the future

And Marvel should address it. It's asinine on their part to act as if it didn't happen or the baby doesn't exist. What the hell are they thinking anyway? But then again, it's just another example of the sad creative shape Marvel's dug themselves into.

Jim

Maybe the baby could be sent off to the future and return all glowy eyed and with a gun fetish.