• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which online shop grades the best?

12 posts in this topic

So at this point I've used them all, but which shop sells the best graded books? most over graded books? heck, most under graded books? and which shop stop promising grades in general?

Midtowncomics.com

Scottscomics.com

Milehighcomics.com

Mycomicshop.com

Metropoliscomics.com

Grahamcrackers.com

I have had pretty solid results results from Mycomicshop.com (Lonestar Comics). I have bought several NM Silver Age books from them that have graded 9.6 and they are really good about catching restoration. I have dropped books off in person for consignment and have seen their grading room and was very impressed with the setup. I've been a happy customer for years.

Milehighcomics.com has mile high prices to match... I don't buy from them.

I have also had good results from midtown, but haven't used them in about a year.

Never heard of Scotts and have heard some mixed feelings about Metropolis, but I have not used them.

Agree on all points. I find Mycomicshop is pretty solid, and if you feel they're off they will work towards a fix. As for Midtown, I shop there in person and can say they come across as strict graders and will always listen to opinions on certain books.

Forgot to add another one to the mix.

Grahamcrackercomics - I've used in the past but it was some time ago. Might have been overgraded.

James Payette!

+100. CD is right on the money.

I bought a 4.0 that would easily grade a 6.5. :cloud9:

Also, www.Highgradecomics.com and www.comicandirect.com are (thumbs u

I've also had great results with graham cracker comics.

As far as Scott's comics, I almost bought from them, but whoever is suppose to answer emails, doesn't do it often. So, my order kind of fell through and I never went back. Cannot speak to there grading.

For tightly graded books, I'd go to......

www.comicanadirect.com

www.highgradecomics.com

I second this post (thumbs u

I third it. (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I fourth it (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I fifth it (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u