• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - LOTR

103 posts in this topic

Yea.. I liked the THIRD one best of all. confused.gif

Kazaa? confused-smiley-013.gif

is that one out yet?

spidey will beat all of them. acclaim.gif

the GG costume in the first movie already ruined it as best trilogy.... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

In pondering this thread, I will agree that LOTR is the most consistent trilogy made to date. In that all three films all have the same look and feel to them, which makes continuity nice. Although Star Wars had to have been the first best trilogy the First movie, Star Wars, seems extremely 70's. At least when you compare the effects of the other two.

spidey will beat all of them. acclaim.gif

ummm...spidey isn't a trilogy (yet) foreheadslap.gif

uh hello mcfly! key word is "will". foreheadslap.gif

but until they do, then it cannot be considerd a trilogy.

("YOU"RE OUT OF ORDER!!")

Its kind of strange how many movie series petered out after a second great one.

Lethal Weapon 3,Die Hard 3, Superman 3, Alien 3, Rocky 3, Spiderman..........3.

Maybe Spiderman will follow the path of the Star Trek films....2 and 3 were FAR superior to number 1. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Its kind of strange how many movie series petered out after a second great one.

Lethal Weapon 3,Die Hard 3, Superman 3, Alien 3, Rocky 3, Spiderman..........3.

Maybe Spiderman will follow the path of the Star Trek films....2 and 3 were FAR superior to number 1. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The problem is that studios often attempt to make succesive films cheaper and faster. Thus, the end result shows their lack of commitment.

you know, another trilogy that has yet to be mentioned thus far in this thread, that is quite possibly in the top 5 trilogies.

The Matrix

In pondering this thread, I will agree that LOTR is the most consistent trilogy made to date. In that all three films all have the same look and feel to them, which makes continuity nice. Although Star Wars had to have been the first best trilogy the First movie, Star Wars, seems extremely 70's. At least when you compare the effects of the other two.

I will concede that SW is a VERY close second to LOTR.... and I agree with your assessment... SW has a great story and special f/x but LOTR will stand up to the test of time better simply because all three were made closely and have a great continuity!

you know, another trilogy that has yet to be mentioned thus far in this thread, that is quite possibly in the top 5 trilogies.

The Matrix

thumbsup2.gif my third favorite!

I will concede that SW is a VERY close second to LOTR.... and I agree with your assessment... SW has a great story and special f/x but LOTR will stand up to the test of time better simply because all three were made closely and have a great continuity!

As a whole I think LOTR is indeed the best trilogy.

Trilogies I actually own would have to be "good enough for me" by default.

They are...

Star Wars (original)

Back to the Future thumbsup2.gif (though, I don't like 3 all that much)

The Matrix

...and...

American Pie! tonofbricks.gif

I'm sure I will own The Godfather and LOTR by the end of the year.

(...and Harry Potter 3, if they get it on DVD by Dec. 31st.) 893applaud-thumb.gif