• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - LOTR

103 posts in this topic

::cough, cough:: Jar Jar ::cough cough::

now theres a movie... foreheadslap.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gifboo.gif... if I ever saw one!

There are books/magazines etc. talking about Stormtroopers as Clones, and the origin of Darth Vader (Lava pit fight etc) discussed as far back as 1980.

They may have been "discussed" but in no way was 100% of the first three stories intended to be a Life and Times of Darth Vader Special.

I was a big SW freak when I was a kid, and I bought all the movie mags with it on the cover, and I have an early one where Lucas states the first story starts out "a long time before Star Wars, hundreds of years".

I think that Darth Vader was always meant to be shown in the 3rd movie to tie them together, but this Darth Vader A&E Trilogy is a relatively new occurence.

I agree, but what would take 20 minutes in the "original vision" became three 2 hour movies in the "new revision".

Oh well, the new SW movies suck hard anyway, and I don't think a slightly better story would be a saving grace. 27_laughing.gif

Oh well, the new SW movies suck hard anyway, and I don't think a slightly better story would be a saving grace. 27_laughing.gif

What if you forget Episode I exists... and just watch Episode II as the "first prequel"?

I think Episode II (alone) is better than Return of the Jedi (alone)...

(Think about it... Ewoks? ANOTHER exploding Death Star? That's the big finale?)

What if you forget Episode I exists... and just watch Episode II as the "first prequel"?

Whats the problem with Ewoks?? They were better than Jar Jar by far! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with LOTR, GODFATHER and STAR WARS. Going back a long ways, I would also offer FRANKENSTEIN (1931), BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935) and SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939). These three were directly related to each other and all starred Karloff as the Monster. Later, they fudged the story for the remaining Frankenstein films but those first three were definitley a progression. Probably the first horror trilogy.

A potentially earlier one would be DRACULA (1931 but pre-FRANKENSTEIN), DRACULA'S DAUGHTER (1936) and SON OF DRACULA (1943) but SON has no relationshiop save the name, while DAUGHTER actually begins at the exact point where DRACULA ends.

Going back a long ways, I would also offer FRANKENSTEIN (1931), BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935) and SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939).

That's was my #2.... 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

Jim

How could I have missed that? frown.gifgrin.gif

Regardless, a fine trilogy indeed! 893applaud-thumb.gif

AOTC was better than TPM, but I wouldn't step as far as it being better than ROTJ.

To me the Ewoks sucked big time, but some of the best drama in scifi was in the final deathstar/emperor scene as well as the coolest scifi in jabba's palace. AOTC reminds me alot of ROTJ because whenever I watch the either I fast forward through the middle.

I thought the acting from Anakin was like watching someone swallow a cup full of razorblades...Ugh! And the "Love" story was so unconviencing!

I mean we're talking about Vader here, not some babling whine-[!@#%^&^]! When he came back from that Tusken slaughter there should of been no question of what he did, not only the demented look upon his face, but he should of been drenched in Sandpeople blood and rags. Also there should of been a more of a love fear relationship between Anakin and Padme where she really saw his dark side but loved him anyway, for instance when he was whining about ObiWan holding him back (with the drama of his mothers death included), he could of waved his hand and a wall of the hut would of caved in.

Oh well, I guess this last installment will be the end of it, thankfully. confused-smiley-013.gif

National Lampoon's Vacation?

Timeless classics.

Or can that not be considered because there were 4 of them?

confused-smiley-013.gif

you know, another trilogy that has yet to be mentioned thus far in this thread, that is quite possibly in the top 5 trilogies.

The Matrix

thumbsup2.gif my third favorite!

You've got to be kiding. Classic example of a movie series that should have stopped after one. foreheadslap.gif

Timeless classics.

confused-smiley-013.gif

the first was classic. 893applaud-thumb.gif

the others were just not as funny. although Vegas Vacation did have it's moments.

you know, another trilogy that has yet to be mentioned thus far in this thread, that is quite possibly in the top 5 trilogies.

The Matrix

thumbsup2.gif my third favorite!

You've got to be kiding. Classic example of a movie series that should have stopped after one. foreheadslap.gif

I thought so at first too...I hated the heck out of 2 & 3 until I got them on DVD and started watching them and understanding what direction they went in... all in all it was a pretty darn good trilogy!

Timeless classics.

confused-smiley-013.gif

the others were just not as funny. although Vegas Vacation did have it's moments.

You didn't like Christmas Vacation?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

That's one of my all time favorite movies!

makepoint.gif

Timeless classics.

confused-smiley-013.gif

makepoint.gif

actually I thought that was the worst one. I thought the other three were funnier confused-smiley-013.gif

Timeless classics.

confused-smiley-013.gif

makepoint.gif

actually I thought that was the worst one. I thought the other three were funnier confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm with you Dice, X-mas Vacation has found a way in my home every holiday season.

It's that damn funny!

Any time you have seen a movie to a point to where you know all the dialoge and it is still funny to you it has to be a classic. thumbsup2.gif

Timeless classics.

confused-smiley-013.gif

makepoint.gif

I'm with you Dice, X-mas Vacation has found a way in my home every holiday season.

It's that damn funny!

Any time you have seen a movie to a point to where you know all the dialoge and it is still funny to you it has to be a classic. thumbsup2.gif

A holiday staple around my home..

In laws from hell..

cat food jello,

Jelly of the month club bonus

50,000 x mas lights

Last minute Holiday shopping .... with beautiful counter saleswoman.. Isnt it getting hooter in here?.. hooter did I say hooter??? what?? I meant nipply.. oops. did I say nipple?

And the best line of all

Honey.. Sh....i. $#@ ....ers full!

27_laughing.gif

makepoint.gif

Agreed. Funny as hell. One of only three

Christmas movies I currently own.

The Santa Clause (the first one) and

A Charlie Brown Christmas being the others.

Let's just say that I've got a warm spot in my heart

for French cut underwear 893whatthe.gif

That said... I think you have to put the

Charlie Brown Holiday Trilogy on the list as well thumbsup2.gif