• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Romita Artist's Edition Special Version!

58 posts in this topic

I bought the original edition and love it. But I also ordered the remarqued edition without a moment's hesitation. Scott posted here at noon, and I just happened to log in to the boards a few minutes later. Order placed and confirmed by 12:08 pm. :applause:

Dangit, missed out. That's what I get for working late.

So IDW will NOT be selling this at their booth at WC right? Only way to purchase them was to pre-order via the website? Too bad, I would've tried to scrounge up cash to buy it in person this weekend.

Dangit, missed out. That's what I get for working late.

So IDW will NOT be selling this at their booth at WC right? Only way to purchase them was to pre-order via the website? Too bad, I would've tried to scrounge up cash to buy it in person this weekend.

If I was shut out onlne, and was anywhere near Wondercon I would be at the IDW booth at opening just in case they brought some extras to sell.

man, so glad I randomly saw this announce yesterday evening. I must have randomly got one of the last ones for mail order. the WC ones were still available until about 8 last night.

Is it me or is $250 just a great price for this book?

Also getting the WW Wonder-con book. Super stoked to have these 2 great books.

man, so glad I randomly saw this announce yesterday evening. I must have randomly got one of the last ones for mail order. the WC ones were still available until about 8 last night.

250 is a steal. Stan's been charging more than 50 for his sig for a while now. And a sketch that nice should be 100 by itself. Add in the book and that it is limited edition of only 250 copies and I would have expected 350 to 400 to be the retail.

250 is a steal. Stan's been charging more than 50 for his sig for a while now. And a sketch that nice should be 100 by itself. Add in the book and that it is limited edition of only 250 copies and I would have expected 350 to 400 to be the retail.

So let me get this straight...you will be flipping them for $400? :P

So let me get this straight...you will be flipping them for $400? :P

No No....Never.

That's just the opening bid.

Yep, that's what I was thinking too. Pretty excited to be getting one.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know we will have copies of the Romita book available at Wonder-Con, aside from the pre-orders. Not sure how many but I would suggest getting there early on Friday if you want to get one. We will be placing the rest of the copies on the IDW site early next week, I'll post when they go live.

Best,

Scott

What about the ones that were purchased as mail order. That was what I was actually referring to. Sorry about not being clear.

R.

I went to WonderCon on Friday and spoke to Scott Dunbier about exchanging my John Romita Artist’s Edition for one with a Mary Jane sketch. He immediately called over the shipping manager, Mike, to make it happen. Mike gave me his e-mail address and we will arrange shipping the replacement this week. They both went out of their way to accommodate my request, which is greatly appreciated. Excellent fan friendly customer service.

I also got some Locke & Key books and a copy of Horns signed by Joe Hill at the IDW booth. Many thanks to Scott, Mike and the IDW staff for helping make WonderCon a teriffic experience!

Darren