• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What's your favorite classic TV show and episode from that series?

94 posts in this topic

My second favorite is the episode called "Darmok" where they encounter that race of people who communicate entirely by metaphor ("Darmok and Jihlad, at Tenagra").

That was a good episode... but I think we're over looking the best of all the episodes... it's got to be the one where Data gets a little action from Tasha. "I am.... fully functional" 27_laughing.gif

I also have to put in a vote for the episode where Q gives Picard a chance to relive his past and avoid getting stabbed in the bar fight. Amazing to see how one event can change our lives so drastically.

I'd have to go with the A-team. My favorite episode is where they help out people who are being bullied by some gang or big corporation and the A-team has to knock out BA so they could fly on a plane and then free Murdock from some insane asylum. Then the A-team weld metal parts to a car and make boobie traps for the bad guys and then blow up their cars and you can see it flip sideways. Then Hannibal smokes a cigar and sez 'I love it when a plan comes together'.

I'd have to go with the A-team. My favorite episode is where they help out people who are being bullied by some gang or big corporation and the A-team has to knock out BA so they could fly on a plane and then free Murdock from some insane asylum. Then the A-team weld metal parts to a car and make boobie traps for the bad guys and then blow up their cars and you can see it flip sideways. Then Hannibal smokes a cigar and sez 'I love it when a plan comes together'.

never saw that particular episode... confused-smiley-013.gif

That's ok, the first season will be coming out on DVD next week. news.gif

it's like deja vu.

I think "breaking news" needs to be first, not five minutes later. stooges.gif

That's ok, the first season will be coming out on DVD next week. news.gif

it's like deja vu.

I think "breaking news" needs to be first, not five minutes later. stooges.gif

I think he has A.D.D. so for him in would be breaking news five minutes later. gossip.gif

Obscure -

The short lived TV Series "Legend" that was on UPN for a whole 12 episodes in '94 I think. It came on either right before or right after Star Trek TNG. The pilot episode was great, and the whole series was extremely well written.. Starred Richard Dean Anderson (before SG1 series) as a dime novel writer who ends up having to live an alter ego life as his character in the dime novels 'Legend' , and the actor who played Q in the newer Star Trek series as his crazy scientist sidekick.

I was lucky enough that I was able to obtain the entire series in pristine format on VHS from a big Richard Dean Anderson fan in another part of the country.

Classic -

Hogan's Heroes - The episode where Hogan convinces Klink that there's an assasin out to get him, and ends up switching places with the commandant.

Additional -

Any Dukes of Hazzard episode that had Daisy in her shorts... My God that girl was the H O T T E S T thing on TV in the 70's.

My two favorite shows were MASH and St. Elsewhere

MASH ep.: There were to many good ones...but I really liked the one where Blake is going home and his plane gets shot down...Radar goes into the OR to deliver the bad news...somber and yet it showed how close the group was.

St. Elsewhere ep.: Again, to many to list but...the one where Fiscus is shot and he travels through Heaven, Hell and limbo as he is being saved. And any ep. where Westphall and White clash...really great acting!! thumbsup2.gif

How about the Cosby Show? This was great...also you guys are old. Anyway the best cosby show was the one were Theo brings home a report card full of D's and he gets in trouble. His dad comes up and they have the talk about money using the monopoly money and then Theo gives what he thinks is a great speech about how he still would love his dad even if he wasnt a doctor why cant his dad love him if he is just a regular person...*crowd applaudes* then Heathcliff says "THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! NO WONDER YOU GET D'S IN EVERYTHING!" 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

everytime I see that episode I crack up...it makes me want to be a father....

That was the pilot, in fact. Different house, only four kids...

But remember that episode where Picard wrongly accused the Borg of that heinous crime and then promptly apologized for it?

That was a good one.

That Picard, always teaching. Always teaching.

I think I'm beginning to hone in on the episode to which you refer. He wasn't teaching, he was BS'ing the Borg just long enough to turn the tables on them. That's the way you've got to deal with those damn Borg...reason doesn't work on them, only deception and force. They're an unreasonable race like that. crazy.gif It's a shame those are the types of lengths you've got to go to when dealing with people like that, but hey, what're you gonna do? confused-smiley-013.gif

But remember that episode where Picard wrongly accused the Borg of that heinous crime and then promptly apologized for it?

That was a good one.

That Picard, always teaching. Always teaching.

I think I'm beginning to hone in on the episode to which you refer. He wasn't teaching, he was BS'ing the Borg just long enough to turn the tables on them. That's the way you've got to deal with those damn Borg...reason doesn't work on them, only deception and force. They're an unreasonable race like that. crazy.gif It's a shame those are the types of lengths you've got to go to when dealing with people like that, but hey, what're you gonna do? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ah, yes... pity poor Picard... so busy worrying and working that he had no time to maintain his already tarnished image. 27_laughing.gif

Ah, yes... pity poor Picard... so busy worrying and working

PHHHHT I don't THINK so! Picard never mistakes other people's shortcomings for his own...that is, until the shortcomings of others start to become so annoyingly in his face that he can't stand it anymore and takes action to end the crapola. Luckily, he's self-confident enough and patient enough to the point where that rarely needs to happen. cloud9.gif

If the Borg would just learn to live in their own space and not feed on others just to build themselves up, wouldn't everything be a lot more peaceful? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ah, yes... pity poor Picard... so busy worrying and working

PHHHHT I don't THINK so! Picard never mistakes other people's shortcomings for his own...that is, until the shortcomings of others start to become so annoyingly in his face that he can't stand it anymore and takes action to end the crapola. Luckily, he's self-confident enough and patient enough to the point where that rarely needs to happen. cloud9.gif

If the Borg would just learn to live in their own space and not feed on others just to build themselves up, wouldn't everything be a lot more peaceful? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sleeping.gif Was Picard ever really that self-aggrandizing? You make him sound like some sort of blithering nit-wit ham-handedly conspiring against his enemies... But then, crazy people and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons always seem to believe they've got a grand "master plan", don't they?

27_laughing.gif

But then, crazy people and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons always seem to believe they've got a grand "master plan", don't they?

They certainly seem to. sleeping.gif

Obscure -

The short lived TV Series "Legend" that was on UPN for a whole 12 episodes in '94 I think. It came on either right before or right after Star Trek TNG. The pilot episode was great, and the whole series was extremely well written.. Starred Richard Dean Anderson (before SG1 series) as a dime novel writer who ends up having to live an alter ego life as his character in the dime novels 'Legend' , and the actor who played Q in the newer Star Trek series as his crazy scientist sidekick.

I was lucky enough that I was able to obtain the entire series in pristine format on VHS from a big Richard Dean Anderson fan in another part of the country.

Thank you for reminding me of the show's name. I was just telling a friend about this and couldn't for the life of me remember it. Great show. Like you said well written. And it was nice seeing some acknowlegment of the beginnings of American pop culture that predated both comics and pulps. Also had a real nice touch of Wild, Wild, West in it, with the emphasize on the beginnings of modern technology. Any chance I can get copies of these tapes from you? Of course, I'd reimburse you for the cost.