• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book in your collection would be the last you sell off?

72 posts in this topic

The coverless portion of my collection, which reminds me of why I loved comics as a kid. Fantastic images and stories that always stimulated my imagination. Stumbling across a "new" issue at a used bookstore or a church/school bazaar (for mere pennies) was always a cause for celebration, no matter how well-read and tattered that book may be.

Life was so simple back then ...... :cloud9:

th_PS001.jpg th_PS02-cvr.jpg th_PS03-cvr.jpg th_UNC009-COBB.jpg th_UNC011-COBB.jpg th_WTOF002-COBB.jpg

th_SA22-cvr.jpg th_SA23-cvr.jpg th_SA25-cvr.jpg th_SA031-COBB.jpg th_SA35-cvr.jpg th_SA36-cvr.jpg th_SA38-coverless.jpg

The coverless portion of my collection, which reminds me of why I loved comics as a kid. Fantastic images and stories that always stimulated my imagination. Stumbling across a "new" issue at a used bookstore or a church/school bazaar (for mere pennies) was always a cause for celebration, no matter how well-read and tattered that book may be.

Life was so simple back then ...... :cloud9:

th_PS001.jpg th_PS02-cvr.jpg th_PS03-cvr.jpg th_UNC009-COBB.jpg th_UNC011-COBB.jpg th_WTOF002-COBB.jpg

th_SA22-cvr.jpg th_SA23-cvr.jpg th_SA25-cvr.jpg th_SA031-COBB.jpg th_SA35-cvr.jpg th_SA36-cvr.jpg th_SA38-coverless.jpg

You actually READ your comics :ohm

Great reads here Jay (thumbs u

B&B 115 as it was my first comic, it's taped up and tatty but I'm taking it to the grave.

From a GA point of view it would be my Captain Marvel Adventures books, not valuable compared to most of the rest of my collection but I love 'em, if I'd been around at the time I would have been buying them off the stands eagerly every month. :cloud9:

Tough call, but probably this...

img_SilverStreak7_058-1-1-1.jpg

...because:

1) selling my Church copy of SS#7 was the impetus for my having gotten out of GA comic collecting altogether two decades ago, and...

2) the desire to acquire another high grade copy is what led me back from the desert of disinterest to the promised land of GA righteousness. (thumbs u