• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 150 9.4 double cover, any ideas what it's worth?

14 posts in this topic

Anyone have any ideas on what an appropriate selling price for this book would be? I have checked GPA for this issue for sale with a double cover and I've also checked 10 books above and below it on gpa for any double cover sales and there's zilch. Since double covers are not my forte I really have no idea what an appropriate asking price would be on this book.

Can anyone provide any feedback regarding pricing?

Thanks!

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

how about pricing it at double a 9.4? it never hurts to throw out it on ebay or CL with a higher value and see if you get any offers...other than that, there is no other way to guesstimate what the value is.

member Blowupthemoon does collect a lot of double cover books so perhaps you can PM him about this slab.

I collect double covers,having about 30 of them, but prices are all over the place. I don't really have anything similar in CGC so I'd just be guessing.

Here are a few books I have and what I paid

Fantastic Four Annual 17( 1983) CGC 9.4 - $21

Conan 37- raw 8.0ish- $17.

DD 181 9.6/9.8- $99( I believe I overpaid for this one.)

Its a semi-key Spidey so that should certainly help.

I'd guess just under double GPA.

Auction it starting at .1 cent. Then let the market decide.

Anything is only worth what you can get for it.

Are you worried about losing money on what you have into this book? Or worried about not maximizing what you can get for it?

There is a difference.

$100 BIN on ebay and it's gone within 24h

Very nice book

+1

Unless it's one of those common double cover books you can usually get a 40%-50% premium pretty easily.

Auction it starting at .1 cent. Then let the market decide.

Anything is only worth what you can get for it.

Are you worried about losing money on what you have into this book? Or worried about not maximizing what you can get for it?

There is a difference.

The books been in my collection for 25+ years and I just discovered that it was a double cover last month. I was grading books for sale while I'm looking for work so there's definitely no worry about losing money cause I doubt I paid more than $5 for it. My concern is with maximizing resale value since the only reason I'm selling the books is to make sure I cover my mortgage payments during the job search. If it wasn't for being unemployed I wouldn't even be considering selling it. Until this discovery I only had one double cover book in my collection.

nice thing about this one is interior and exterior covers both got 9.4s! I've looked at a few double cover purchases before and they list the higher grade cover (even if it is inside). So you could have a book grade at 9.8 but present (look like) an 8.5...

I'd offer you $80 right now if you were selling it, which you obviously aren't.

I would have to respectfully decline the offer :-) While I'm not sure what to ask that would definitely not be the price.