• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculative Predictions for Walking Dead keys?

130 posts in this topic

I'll just leave the coventions to the professionals also. I rather not meet a creator again. Ever.

Me thinks this be the reason for the sudden souring on Locke & Key? :popcorn:

Yep.

And if so, that's very sad. :(

I guarantee said creator has no idea the enthusiasm for L&K that Jerel shared with other hobby members.

Some of the inherent problems pop up with you start slabbing a new modern. Why anyone in their right mind would slab a modern before its been out at least 6 months is beyond me.

Generally, I agree with this. However, I did submit this particular book of mine yesterday because the cover is just sooo cool and I wanted it more as a work of art....

Venom9cover.jpg

Some of the inherent problems pop up with you start slabbing a new modern. Why anyone in their right mind would slab a modern before its been out at least 6 months is beyond me.

Generally, I agree with this. However, I did submit this particular book of mine yesterday because the cover is just sooo cool and I wanted it more as a work of art....

Venom9cover.jpg

And I can totally understand that.

Thats awesome BTW

had no idea there were so many opinions in regards to what's deemed 'respectable behavior' by those who collect comic books.

no matter how you do it, if you're having fun, have at it. If the Comic business can survive the glut of the 90s it can survive almost anything.

Venom9cover.jpg

Oh, wow. THAT is a hell of a cover! And I bet with all that black it's really tough to get 9.8's

Venom9cover.jpg

Oh, wow. THAT is a hell of a cover! And I bet with all that black it's really tough to get 9.8's

I hadn't been buying this Venom series. But I couldn't resist that issue when I saw the cover sitting there a few months back. Wow indeed! I picked out a perfect copy, so I'd be surprised with anything less than 9.8. We'll see though. I had the same thoughts. Black covers can be tough.

but the first issue of the WD is going to remain a $1000 book.
Nope, the hype is here (money to made) and it after 500+ 9.8's are graded...

Over 200 now. Halfway there now. :tonofbricks:

We will see a market "correction". Hopefully it holds at $250 for the investors. . :wishluck:

10% of the print run has been grades and basically 1/3 has been 9.8 and 1/3 has been 9.6. They thing we don't know if how many have been pre-screened and deemed not worthy. I find it hard that will continue. To hit 500 9.8s you are talking about 10% of all issues. I bet over 1000 copies wouldn't even grade an 9.0 They were the one's pawed on by store employees and customers. That sounds like a lot since you have to think most have been read and not set aside. What makes Walking Dead great is that it was not the "hot" book among collectors. It has been the hot book for readers for 3-4 years but even up to a year ago the print run was only hitting 20K which means there have not been a lot of hoarders.