• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New service provided by the post office...

22 posts in this topic

They now crack out your slab for your reading pleasure for no extra charge!

I got this in the mail yesterday and opened it up today to find this:

100_1029.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1032.jpg

100_1034.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1037.jpg

Split right in half - the upper half and bottom half glided right apart with no resistance. The inner sleeve had a crease in it and unfortunately so did the book; but not as bad as you would think.

SO glad it was not a book of any major cost or importance! I think I will read it.

Was it placed in the middle of the box, with adequate packing material, or? It kinda looks like it might have been put on one side of the box, then packed around.....,

You might want to erase/blur your adress
Too late. He's already got 306 bill me later magazine subscriptions. :cool:

Tom packs things well

that post office handler must have had a really really bad day

thanks for the address; your Juggs Magazine subscription is on the way!!!!

I heard a guy had a fork lift drive over his package.

Nothing you can do except insure and argue about it later.

Still better than mail wagon and dog sleds, though.

Was it placed in the middle of the box, with adequate packing material, or? It kinda looks like it might have been put on one side of the box, then packed around.....,

Wrapped tightly with large bubblewrap - centered in the box. Didn't even appear to damage even 1 bubble in the bubblewrap.

Wrapped tightly with large bubblewrap - centered in the box. Didn't even appear to damage even 1 bubble in the bubblewrap.

Well - you can't do much more than that. That must have been one heck of a blow to the side of the box to get all the way to the middle.

Tom packs things well

that post office handler must have had a really really bad day

thanks for the address; your Juggs Magazine subscription is on the way!!!!

I agree, Tom's all always does a good job with packing! And thanks, now when the magazine shows up I can show her this thread and I'm off the hook!

Well - you can't do much more than that. That must have been one heck of a blow to the side of the box to get all the way to the middle.

I think the entire box may have been bent in half...

I've actually wondered about packing protective barriers like bubble wrap too tight. It seems to me if the box has stress applied to it that would transfer through the material and to the slab.

But if it's packed with a slight bit of room, that little bit of dead space gives the box the room it needs to flex without transferring that stress to the comic.

I received a book from TopNotch today. It was one slabbed book in a box, just like yours.

My book was perfectly fine when it got here, and it was bubble wrapped very well. But there could be something to what paratrooper said above. The entire package did just barely fit into the USPS box. Tight as a drum.

If someone steps on a book while it is in the box, it could crack like that. Easily.