• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happenned?

68 posts in this topic

No religous discussions allowed?

Not trying to be a smart arse, but when was that rule instituted? (shrug)

Obviously Politics are a no no but unless I missed something I have never seen a "no religion" rule. ???

Religious debates are off topic for these boards. Not allowed. :)

:eyeroll:

the discussions only seem to entrench those who believe or don't believe.

That happens when people are only interested defending their position regardless of what someone has to bring to the table...which is most of the time...but that happens whenever someone has an emotional investment in a discussion, regardless of the topic. Even when it's just comics and paper.

Truth

Getting nasty in those debates before we can get around to removing them is gonna get somebody WRIST SLAPPED! BOOYAH!

No, I didn't. Just saying, be nice.

So speaketh the voice of reason....

Political and religious discussions are completely inappropriate for hobby message boards. If you want to sound off on these topics, get your dander up and fight with lots of people about your viewpoints, then simply head over to the Yahoo message board forums.

Just so the religious folks don't feel singled out, I also believe that anti-religious discussions are just as inappropriate. I'm a militant Atheist, and I'm not interested in exercising my beliefs here. This place is for comic talk intermingled with hot babes!

You may not be interested.. but you just did. (shrug)

Obviously Politics are a no no but unless I missed something I have never seen a "no religion" rule. ???

So the edict, was set down in this very thread?

Ok. Arch is the boss. But a sticky may help.

So the edict, was set down in this very thread?

Ok. Arch is the boss. But a sticky may help.

Pretty sure it isn't today's news.... Anyone ?

Just so the religious folks don't feel singled out, I also believe that anti-religious discussions are just as inappropriate. I'm a militant Atheist, and I'm not interested in exercising my beliefs here. This place is for comic talk intermingled with hot babes!

You may not be interested.. but you just did. (shrug)

Yes, because that's what I was going for. :eyeroll:

If that is what Arch says, so be it. He is the boss. Its a shame in my opinion because as Roy stated we have had some good discussions in the WC on the topic. Sure it has gotten heated, and certain people can be over the top, but the same thing happens in discussing comic books.

BOOYAH! is the new "Whoa!"

Has booyah been recycled back into the cool lingo pool?

When should we expect to see "wasssaaaaaaaap" and "23 skidoo" making their rounds?

If that is what Arch says, so be it. He is the boss. Its a shame in my opinion because as Roy stated we have had some good discussions in the WC on the topic. Sure it has gotten heated, and certain people can be over the top, but the same thing happens in discussing comic books.

And you can probably expect the heated comic book discussions to be locked down over at muslimsarecool.com. :gossip:

And you can probably expect the heated comic book discussions to be locked down over at muslimsarecool.com. :gossip:

lol

lol

lol That's a real website.

lol

I was just making it up. lol

Similar things should be expected when you to things like pen island.com hm

lol

I was just making it up. lol

I'm going to join and start a rant about the new Avengers movie.

That is an old school reference right there.

BOOYAH! is the new "Whoa!"

Has booyah been recycled back into the cool lingo pool?

When should we expect to see "wasssaaaaaaaap" and "23 skidoo" making their rounds?

Mocking ARCH's new catchphrase? WRIST SLAP!!

Can we get back to talking comics then ? It is after all .... Friday !! :banana:

Time to dance with Kate.....

d95bc39f2979cc2cb5f6fc4abc1516ba.gif

hm

This is the most thought provoking post I've seen all day.

It was going to start getting offensive. Once people start quoting religion, it leaves the door open for vicious mockery. People's beliefs are better left at home for discussion at the dinner table - not in a public forum. Mine included. I don't like public discussion of politics or religion.

What I learned from my grandmother is always talk weather or sports with strangers. Who walks up to strangers and talks politics or religion? :screwy:

It was going to start getting offensive. Once people start quoting religion, it leaves the door open for vicious mockery. People's beliefs are better left at home for discussion at the dinner table - not in a public forum. Mine included. I don't like public discussion of politics or religion.

What I learned from my grandmother is always talk weather or sports with strangers. Who walks up to strangers and talks politics or religion? :screwy:

My grandfather had a similar stance - he used to regard those topics as very personal and not openly discussed.