• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put your CA knowledge to work, and help a Boardie out!

12 posts in this topic

So, I recently acquired a rather large collection (more of a horde really) of 70s and 80s books. Most are VF or better, and plenty are unread NM+ to NM/MT. As I'm sorting through the 80s stuff, I realize there are plenty of oddball keys and hard to find books that would be worthwhile to slab, but the Copper Age isn't my strength.

I'm hoping for some feedback on what I should keep a look out for (and you can avoid listing the "usual suspects", just the more obscure or 2nd-tier publishers and titles/issues.) Besides titles and issue #s, commentary on why would be helpful too (EX: HTF-only one on census, first appearance of Rocket Racoon's cousin Manny the Muskrat, etc.). I was browsing the Dave Steven's thread when someone posted a Starslayer # 3, which I guess is the second Rocketeer. Pretty sure I have a few copies of that book, but I'll have to go hunt for them since they were already put in one of the "discarded independents" longboxes. :eek:

So, what should I keep a lookout for? Give me some under-the-radar books to try and find. Posted scans will work too, since I'm a visual learner and I can probably recall whether I ran across the book already or not.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Too many to even start with....depending on the companies that were in the stash make sure you look for early Crow stuff. I think Chuck's suggestion of browsing those particular threads is probably best. :thumbsup:

PM me if you find any Miracleman comics issues 10 and above. :baiting:

Yep, sure do, including the Gaimen issues. I'm pretty sure there is a full run in there (or pretty close) with lots of dupes.

Believe me, this collection has been a very pleasant surprise. (thumbs u

Anything with radioactive, gangrene, geriatric, jujitsu, pre-teen anthropomorphic characters are going to be huge soon. Don't even think about selling these yet, as you will regret it!

;)

Especially if the books contain Kung-Fu kangaroos.